1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Good Shooting Grntitan!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mette56, Aug 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

At the Grand, I wanted to meet Grntitan to see what he was all about. So I arranged to meet him on bank 10 during the GAH. He was on the first wave out. So a friend and I strolled up and I noted his bag with his name on it and watched him shoot his last trap. Saw him miss four for a 21 X 25. Turns out, Matt's a swell guy...loves his family and I made a real friend right there....and so I hope/think. Also turns out he had only missed 1 target up to his last trap so I'm not sure my presence was a good thing...and not sure if he blames me for jinxing him missing four after I showed up.

My pleasure to meet you Matt and great shooting...95 x 100!

milt

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Yeah, we kinda like him, too. :)

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

That sounds like the "Doug Scott effect" but I wasn't even there.

4. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Careful how much credit you give him for that 95.. you have to remember he's short and shoots right straight up their tail feathers.. geezzz how easy can it get.. . LOL

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Milt,

Thanks for the kind words. I think you are just being nice since you made me lose the GAH. That's ok, I didn't really need all that money I would have won. I'm kidding of course. The truth is the jinx was the little gremlins in my head telling me I was shooting good and not to screw it up. Of course, I screwed it up. I had no idea you were even watching until I was finished.

It was a pleasure finally getting to put a face with a name. It was even nicer meeting someone actually shorter than me. That doesn't happen very often. LOL Hopefully we will meet up again at a shoot somewhere.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Devi,

I like that, " we kinda like him, too". Thanks, I think. LOL

6. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

He's ok. :eek:)

blade819

7. SD Trap Family

SD Trap Family TS Supporters TS Supporters

I got to meet Matt as well this year, My family really appreciated all the support.

Right after the storm, Matt called me to find out if we needed anything or if I knew of anyone needing help. THANKS Matt.

I did not hear one negative thing from Matt about anyone. Thanks for the introductions to various people as well.

Matt, hope we can do dinner next year(along with a group from TS.com). I am thinking about doing an ice cream social behind the grand stand next year so we can all meet.

Great shooting Matt.

Bud,Char,Foster and Matt Bartholow

8. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Matt it is funny how the last trap gets us and others. Got me so don't feel alone. Glad you stopped me to say hello, sorry I didn't get to talk to you more.

Good shooting anyway.

Don

9. Caribou woodland

Caribou woodland Member

Wow 95 ....very good shooting.Will see you at the Grand in 2013/14/15 or some day???
    Salutations
    Old friend from Canada
    Pierre

10. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I bet he started thinking about how 'd he post it here!

The ts.com effect.......lol

Jc

From Hell, Mi

11. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Nice job Matt! A 95 is pretty good under normal circumstances, but it's VERY impressive condidering all the recntly installed hardware in your skeleton.

Keep your head up.

...er, down.

-Gary

PS: Your PMs are disabled.

12. grntitan

Being a diehard Cubs fan, I'll deal with this the best way I know how.

"Wait 'til next year"

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

13. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Good shooting Matt and at the right place.

14. mette56

Matt,

Hey! I'm not that much shorter...than you. What, maybe a quarter inch? Plus I was barefoot and you were wearing those sissy highheals...

And Jerry, being short is NO advantage in trapshooting. All we see is the black underside of the target. You normal guys get to see orange...

milt

15. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Revel in it now Matt, We'll be back on your case tomorrow

16. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

SD Trap Family... Bud may I suggest that the Boys give a free TS.com Trap Shooting Clinic at next years Grand????? :eek:)

blade819

17. mette56

Bud,

If I bring my rotisserie smoker...can we have BBQ for desert?

milt

[​IMG]

18. SD Trap Family

SD Trap Family TS Supporters TS Supporters

Blade, it was great to meet you at The Grand. The storm kept us from going to dinner that evening. Let's make sure we get out for dinner next year. Blade, just ask either boy and they will be happy to help anyone who asks.

Milt, that is an amazing smoker. That would go great up here in South Dakota for all the ducks, geese, pheasants, etc.... that will be in our freezers soon.

19. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Matt, great shooting. You sure beat me.

Will see you next year. My friend, who now wishes he'd come up with me, plans to fly up and rent a car in St. Louis while I drive my poor old '07 Pathfinder up with all the gear and shells. It's got over 145K on it now and I might have to replace it before then, but I (we) will be there.

Really too bad the storm spoiled the dinner that evening, but maybe we can all do it again, maybe earlier during Prelim Week.

Bob

20. grntitan

Thanks to everyone. You really are making a lot of nothing but I am really appreciative to all of you. I've met so many great guys and gals in this sport in such a short time with many of them from this very forum. I owe a lot of what I've learned about this sport to the folks on here especially all the help from Gene Hapney and the Bartholows. I would have never known 7 1/2 or 8's if it wasn't for the folks on here. :)

Now if I could just learn to hush those gremlins.

Thanks again,<br>
    Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.