1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Good shoot at Bosco's, EXCEPT...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by The Literalist, May 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

Yesterday's shoot at Bosco's was great...except for several serious things. Oh sure, Bosco throws good targets, has reasonable prices, provides an honor system lunch, provides free iced beer at the conclusion of events, and works his ass off to make sure people have a good time.

But there were problems. First, the scorers were clearly blind. I broke every damned target thrown, but many were called "lost" despite admittedly small visible pieces that I think I saw. And would Maltzie help me out by confirming them? NOOOO. He was too busy winning the stupid handicap.

But those were minor issues. The REAL trouble was the fact that the shoot was nearly ruined because the Grand moved to Sparta. And the no-good Sons of B___s that run the ATA are crooks who hate the game and want us all to become Democrats and gay.

Not only that, the 2 yard reductions made everyone grumpy as hell. And the sandbaggers!! We could scarcely concentrate on shooting while we watched out for any evidence of cheating. And mentioning the Hall of Fame moving brought many stout shooters to tears. And the fact that big dogs win all the big shoots made many folks simply throw their BT-99s into the dumpster and go home to hoe their gardens.

That's it for me, folks. I'm starting my own damned organization..."The Literalist's Perfect Trapshooters Klub."

Who's in with me!!???

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Denny, I thought Bosco banned you for life, after the....incident.

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Sounds like a typical ATA shoot to me - I fail to see the problem.

Ed

4. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Good shooting there Maltzie...especially considering all of those duly noted distractions!

miltie

5. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Would it help if I called and told the scorekeeper that I live in Missouri and I saw all those many chips? What about if we all pitched in for a new pair of glass' for the scorer? I'm here to help buddy. John

6. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

That's the best laugh I've had for a long time!!...Thanks!!!

7. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Hear! Hear! Where do I send my dues?

Ajax

8. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

John BCNU:

I appreciate the offer, but I figured out my revenge at the shoot. You see for lunch, shooters just throw some money in an ice cream container. I figured how much I'd have won if the Mr. Magoo scorers hadn't screwed me.

I simply took what was rightfully mine from the communal cup, so to speak. There wasn't enough there to pay in full, but it all helped.

But I'm fair minded. I left the change.

And I don't think Bosco really needed all that shot he had for sale. Heck, what's a couple hundred pounds, more or less?

9. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

Lit, did you ever think that maybe it is you that needs the new glasses? You probably had "specks" from the beer that you drank the night before and hadn't cleaned your glasses!! (Those "specks" might have seemed like you were seeing pieces of the targets!!).

Oh well, wish I could have been there to shoot but my Lions Club had a Fish Fry and Rummage Sale to raise funds for those less fortunate on Saturday and I was obligated to help with that. We buy glasses for the needy, but I doubt if you would qualify!! LOL!

Hope to see you at the State Shoot. I plan on being there Thursday through Sunday.

Allen

10. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Best and most enjoyable posting since somebody (Brian in Oregon?) described his Gun Show experience! Thanks for the humor...it is sorely needed and really appreciated. Best Regards, Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.