1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Good service from Precision Bluing (pics)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bonzai272, Oct 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bonzai272

bonzai272 Member

Curious if anyone has used or worked with Precision Bluing in Greene, NY before. Good experiences I hope? Thanks in advance.

2. bonzai272

bonzai272 Member

No one, huh? Shoot. Oh well. They just got done reblueing my 870TB and will ship it back tomorrow. Hopefully it came out nice. Ill post pics and thoughts next week when it arrives. They said they had to blue the receiver twice, not sure why. Maybe it was too worn off.

3. bonzai272

bonzai272 Member

Hey guys. Just wanted to give my thoughts and praise for a company called Precision Bluing in Greene, NY. I sent my 870TB to them for rebluing. I disassembled it myslf ahead of time so all they had to do was blue all the parts and send it back. They received it on a Saturday. It was already done by Thursday and in the mail back to me on Friday...thats less than 1 week. Their prices are very reasonable and it came out amazing. I could not be any happier. I would definitely recommend them and use them in the future. Great people to do business with.

4. turbobike

turbobike Member

What finish did you get? Matte, Standard or High Gloss? Can you post pictures? Thanks.

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Would love to see before/after pics.Glad your happy. I'll save their website for future use.

6. bonzai272

bonzai272 Member

I ended up getting the standard factory finish, which uses 400 grit. It was $125 for the service. Here are some pics. Sorry about the glare on the after photo. What do you think?

bonzai272_2009_1111.jpg

bonzai272_2009_11111.jpg

7. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

That looks fantastic to me! Well worth the money in my book.

8. bonzai272

bonzai272 Member

thanks and I agree! Its hard to tell but you can see a little in the before pic, all the bluing was worn off on the bottom of the receiver. No rust or pitting but it was all bare metal. Looks like a new gun now.

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Wow. They did a very nice job. Thanks for sharing the photos and info. I have an 870 that could use some sprucing up.

10. bluskyshooter

bluskyshooter Active Member

That price include the barrel too ?

11. bonzai272

bonzai272 Member

Yes, that price included the entire gun: receiver, barrel, trigger pins, mag cap, forearm tube, forearm nut, mag spring retainer. Only thing I didnt have done was the trigger housing since its aluminum.

12. RayReys

RayReys Member

Damn Matt,

You weren't kidding when you told me she turned out nice!

Can't wait to see it up close.

man, makes me want an 870TB LH to match yours even more...

13. bonzai272

bonzai272 Member

Thanks Ray, Ill show ya Saturday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

precision bluing