1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Good Score or Good Story?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Recoil Sissy, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

It's always fun shooting a really good score. However, it occurred to me some time ago that a really good score is only 'special' for a couple of weeks or so. A really good story, OTOH, is good for years.

So, my question is this: Given a choice, would you rather shoot a really good score or have a shooting experience that makes for a really good story??

sissy

2. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

shoot the really good score. There are always stories around any club. I don't have to be the teller to enjoy the stories. You never specified whether or not the shooting experience was favorable or a bad one ? would make a difference for most.

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I prefer the stories. They are a lot more fun as the years go bye.

4. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

Well Gents,

For me getting good scores are a lot harder than hearing good shooting stories!!!!!!!!!!!.But it's great getting all of the above,good scores and storys..To sum it up ----SCORES!!!!.

Sandy Holehouse

5. lots of 24's

lots of 24's Member

If all there was to enjoy was good scores, I would have been doing something else a long time ago.

6. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

How about a great score with a good story?

7. crusha

crusha TS Member

I once missed the first bird of the GAH, then ran 99 - on a day when the winner had 100. $20k mistake.

Also missed the last bird for a 99 two times in the SAME DAY on a 200 bird singles - for a 198 in the State Singles championship on a day when the winner had 199.

...as the above clearly shows, stories are like anal sphincters.

I'd take the score any day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.