1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Good, ROUND, shot? Anyone getting it?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by famill00, Jun 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. famill00

famill00 TS Member

I was wondering how hard it is to make good round shot. I have been melting wheel weights into ingots for the past few nights and I am considering going in halves iwth a buddy on a shotmaker. How difficult is it to get good ROUND shot?

Thanks,

Forrest

2. everettjunior

everettjunior TS Member

Forrest,

Expect to spend some time in trial and error, but it eventually comes. Not two people make shot alike from what I read, the best thing for you to do is read other peoples posts and pick and choose ideas and try things until you get what you want.

Everett Haley, Jr.

3. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Ditto what ajax said. I will add that you have to monitor the shot quality all during the run. The real trick is to know what changes to make when it all starts to go bad.

Jim

4. goosecall

goosecall TS Member

Ajax, Jim101, have you changed the angle of the shot maker to get rounder shot? My 8 1/2 and 8's were more round than my 7 1/2 shot. 10tenner

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

I was surprised how well my somewhat out or round shot patterned. As others have posted above, some days home made shot comes out very spherical and other days it does not.

I would not recommend partners purchasing a shot maker together. These machines seem to have an individual personality and what works for one person may not work well for another.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.