1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Good Resturants Near Sparta

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blade819, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Active Member

I'm renting a car this year so will be able to do a little more exploration during the Grand. Does anyone know of any good resturants in or near SPARTA? Jump in here grntitan.

blade819
  2. 320090T

320090T Active Member

South Side Ribs in Sparta, Grecian in Pinkneyville, Eagles Lodge and Reids in Chester, Pistol City in Coulterville just to name my favorites
  3. remtrap

remtrap Member

Zia's on the Hill, St Louis. Great Italian food, about 1 hour or so.
  4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Bubba's Ribs and Chits, East St. Louis ... Easy on and off the freeway ... WPT ... (YAC) ...
  5. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Several good places in O'Fallon and Fairvies Heights. (Again, almost and hour.) There is also a great BBQ place in Lebanon, right up Highway 4. Martinpicker
  6. Don S

Don S Member

Dynasty in downtown Sparta-great chinese eats.
    Lau Nae Winery in Red Bud-try their white pizza with a bottle of their Riesling.
  7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

The only one I might add, is the Pioneer's Cabin in Willisville, IL. It will remind you of Sunday dinner at Grandma's house.
  8. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

So Matt, where are we going first?
  9. grntitan

I got a special eatery just for you.

McDonalds. :)
  10. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

If you like Mexican food you HAVE to go to Mi Pueblo over in Percy Ill.
    These folks have the best food(Mexican) you'll ever eat north of the border.They are very friendly,and have great service.Very inexpensive,and great portions.I highly recommend them.

D.P.Reynolds
  11. dennis p

dennis p Member

Have'nt you learned yet there's nothing neeeeear sparta. Dennis P
  12. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Crazy Joe's Fish House; 693 Suchman Road; Ava, IL; 618-763-4417.

Deep fried Yum-Yum. Ice cold beer. Live pickin-an-a-grinnin too!

Guy Babin
  13. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Active Member

Blade:

Located on the south edge of Sparta, I consider Southside Ribs a mandatory stop. I wouldn't normally give a snap for a pork chop but they have a one pound, smoked, and boneless version I get every year. You can't go wrong with the ribs or much of anything else on the menu.

Reid's Harvest House is a smorgasbord located in Chester - about 30 miles and 30 minutes south of Sparta. I always hit their sea food buffet Friday nite.

The Pioneer Cabin is in Willisville (not Percy) about 20 minutes southeast of Sparta. Its interesting and worth the trip at least once.

Everything is served home style. Fresh bread is baked in clay (4 inch maybe?) flower pots. There is an all you can eat special with fish, chicken, or both and various sides. They'll keep bringing more of whatever you want until you can't eat another bite. All the deserts are fat man approved.

You won't walk out of any of these places hungry or broke.

sissy

PS: I wouldn't recommend East Saint Louis. Crime rates in general and the murder rate in particular is too similar to that of Phoenix for me to be comfortable.
  14. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Sure sounds like theres a gonna be a whole lota eatin' goin' on. YUK YUK

See y'all there(where ever that may be)

D.P.Reynolds
  15. Recoil Sissy

For those of us that do Mex or Tex/Mex would somebody familiar with Mi Pueblo please tell us more about it?

sissy
  16. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Recoil sissy,

But we can carry guns to protect ourselves, in East St.Louis only the bad guys have guns ... The murder rate in Phoenix is all of the Blacks, Illegal Mexicans, and Gang bangers shooting each other otherwise known as Poetic Justice ... The rate here is still half of what it is in Chicago and it never snows ... WPT ... (YAC) ...
  17. grntitan

Sissy,

Thanks for the correction on the Pioneers Cabin. I don't know what I was thinking or not thinking. You would think me living this close I would do better. Sorry folks.

The Mexican place in Percy, IL "Mi Pueblo" gets rave reviews from the locals. It is a very small place downtown Percy and is owned and run by Mexicans. It is NOT your Americanized Mexican food. This is the real deal. My mother loves the place and eats there with friends often.
  18. mette56

mette56 Active Member

If you're going all the way to the Hill in St Louis...Cunettos is the absolute best. Visit Urzi's Market across the street for genuine Italian meats, cheeses and olives to take with you (tell Joe Milt says Hi!). Superb food, but expensive, is Andrias in O'Fallon, IL. Surpasses Ruth's Chris' by a mile.

milt

PS: Sissy, thanks for the correction.
  19. blade819

blade819 Active Member

I have heard of Southsides Ribs and will visit. Will pass on Eat St. Louis. grntitan....... you treat me to dinner at Pioneer and I will invite you over to the motorhome for a homemade northern indiana kielbasa and sauerkraut dinner. In Indiana now for the state and will be in my hometown on sunday night. I'm picking up 7 3lb. packages and bringing it back to Georgia with me. You'll be able to smell it through out the campground!

blade819
  20. Recoil Sissy

Milt:

Check your PMs.

sissy
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.