1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Good Restaraunt Around the Empire Grand?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tuscarora 99, May 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

Hey all. I was just wondering what the good restaraunts around the Empire Grand? My dad and I will be there Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Hope to see everyone there.

Sincerly, Osker Reynolds

2. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

If you find a good restaurant around Syracuse let me know, it seems like they are very few of them in Syracuse (aside from the Dinosaur BBQ and the restaurants around the campus area).

You could try the Spaghetti Warehouse which is a pretty good place. It's not in Cicero though, it's in the city area near the mall.

3. Grousehunterkel

Grousehunterkel TS Member

There is a small diner I believe it is called the Hometown diner right near the club. ask one of the locals for directions. Get a half Frita or a whole if you can eat a lot. When I'm up there we go there every morning for breakfast. Borio's over on Lake Oneida about 4 miles from the club-You won't be disappointed -great seafood. I learned these locations from Sheldon Hostetter current Veteran All American who has been shooting here for 30+ yrs and knows the good places to eat!! If you should run into him, ask him for recommendations, I would trust his choices.

Glenn Kelly

4. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Osker:

I'm hoping that Bernie K. hops on here...He and Senior Vet Howard (RED) Weiderick know every restaurant(GOOD ONES)in that area...They have pointed us to many good ones. Look either one of those guys up when you get there, and they will be sure to tell you the spots...

That place mentioned earlier "THEE DINER" I believe is the name is on Route 31 not far from the Homegrounds and is great...You will see a lot of shooters there. Another one of "Red's" Favorites.

And if it's Ice Cream you may want afterwards, Red is the man to ask..He loves his Ice Cream !!!

Good luck, Dave in SC

5. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

And ya wonder why they call him Big Junior...........6' 2'' 300+.hahahahaha
    D.P.Reynolds

6. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

Borio's is a great place to eat and look out over the lake. You can eat indoors or out. The owner is a trap shooter . DGs about 5 miles north of Rt. 31 on Rt. 11. Very, very good food. Borio's has a salad bar DGs dose not. If you order dessert at DGs better check out the size before you order or you may not be able to eat it all. huge. If you go to DGs don't think your going nuts if you see double the owners are twin girls, cute as a button. Bernie

7. wanderer

wanderer Member

Try Delmonico's in Syracuse. Best Delmonico rib eye ever. G.E.G.

8. Tryin

Tryin TS Member

I have been to a restaurant in Cicero "Plainview Turkey Farm"? I heard rumor that it is now closed. Does anyone know?

9. Dr. Honk

Dr. Honk Member

Yup. The Plainview Turkey Farm is closed.

You can try Joey's at Carrier Circle. Good Italian food with good prices.

See you in Cicero.

Dr. Honk

10. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

"Osker:

That place mentioned earlier "THEE DINER" I believe is the name is on Route 31 not far from the Homegrounds and is great...You will see a lot of shooters there. Another one of "Red's" Favorites."

Good luck, Dave in SC

You are correct, they do have decent food and it's less than 10 minutes from the club.

11. seitz245

seitz245 TS Member

Just come talk to me when you get here, i will point you in the right direction for food

Dave Shaeffer

12. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

Thanks Mr. Shaeffer I'll do that. See you up there on Friday. Good luck in the early days to all.

Sincerely, Osker Reynolds

13. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Thanks for all the help fellers..........That delmonico sounds great,as does the bar b que. Got to go load now.......Thanks again,and see y'all soon.
    David Reynolds

14. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

Well I would really like to thank Mr Shaeffer for pointing my dad and I in the direcction of the euclid. It was great food in a good atmosphere. Thanks again. They put on a great shoot. Hope to be there again next year.

Sincerely, Osker Reynolds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.