1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Good read on gun control from Fox Sports..........

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by likes-to-shoot, Dec 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Found this on the web.....

2. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Excellent. Thanks for the link. We need more journalist like Jen Engel, and a lot more state Senators like Rand Paul.

I encourage anyone who opens this post, to click on the link. Finally some common sense.

Wayne

3. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Very good read and well thought out presentation.

Hauxfan!

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I personally don't know what the fuss is about. Bob Costas' commentary was
    so poorly written, and he just read it off the monitor like he didn't even care what it said. After about a minute of his droning on, I stopped listening - until the word "handgun" got my attention. I'll bet half the people went out of the room to go to the bathroom or get a sandwich. We gun owners are probably the only ones that even paid attention to what he was talking about. Besides, it's Bob Costas - the jerk who snubbed the accomplishments of the shooters at the Olympics.

Jen Engel's article was excellent, and I guarantee it will outlive the
    tripe that came from Bob Costas.

5. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Very good article

The one thing that Whitten and Costas forget is if he didn't have a gun, his wife would be dead, he probably have beaten her to death and he would still be alive so the state would have to take care of him for quite a while

6. billyboy07208

billyboy07208 Member

Heard they argued about money problems,does the deed,and flees the scene..
    in his Bentley!

7. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

She came home at 1:00 am. Past her curfew. No matter how much money, or physical ability......You Can't fix stupid.

Wayne

8. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Did you notice that the comment was BAD THAT HE HAD A GUN. He never even considered what might have been the result id SHE had a gun. The result might OR MIGHT NOT have been the same or maybe, just maybe, she would have stopped him and both of them might be alive.

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

excellent article

10. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

He and his wife were avid shooters I understand so it does still surprise me that he shot her and then thanks his coach for beliving in him and then takes his own life. No sane person would do that. Something was terribly wrong with this and is sure a terrible situation. Jackie B.

11. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Here's some common sense - A gun is nothing more than a collection of easily made parts that any half-assed machine shop can turn out without a lot of trouble. For that simple, irreducible fact there will always be guns in this world. No law or law enforcement system in the world will stop the proliferation of guns.

The only real question is who will have them. If the populace is disarmed there are two groups of people who will still be armed - criminals, and the various militarized police forces whose behavior won't be impinged on by that stodgy old bill of rights.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.