1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Good Rain Gear?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WoodsonEnt, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

I am looking for some decent rain gear. I want it to be flexible so I can shoot in it, but I also want to use it on fishing trips. What have you found that you liked? If you are able to provide full name or website link that would be great also.

Matt

2. larrystrollo

larrystrollo Member

Zero Restriction golf wear. Pricey, but I've been happy with it. I was able to get the best price at tgw.com, but you can probably google around for better prices.

Larry

3. 525Shooter

525Shooter Member

Zero Restriction is awesome stuff!

Footjoy also makes some really great gear as well.

4. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

Can't beat frog togs for price and performance. They work great and aren't too stuffy.

5. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I'll second the "Frogg's Togg's and just add a dot com to the end for there website. I bought them for the summer rainny season down here with the every afternoon rain showers on the boat. Its hot and muggy and had to have something that breathed or you'd sweat more inside them than you would get wet in the rain. They worked great and use them shooting for the same reason. Break-em all. Jeff

6. ken a

ken a Member

Check the life span of frog toggs. I haven't owned a pair but know some fisherman that have. I like the golf rain gear ( dry joy), tough and good freedom of movement. Also depends if you want a hood.I didn't want a hood so the dry joy was fine for me.

7. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Have seen the frog toggs work great from the get go but wear out quickly. I'd go for a Cabelas brand rainsuit or even Gander Mountain.

Matt Ski

8. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Matt, there are Frog toggs available that are a lot tougher than the cheap ones. I keep a set of cheap ones in my boat(they are not made for the woods as they will tear fairley easily) as a just in case pair but the ones that sell for about $90.00 are much better and still breath well. Jackie B.

9. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

I like Frogg Toggs in cool weather, but I don't like the way they feel around my throat and on my bare arms in warmer temps. So when Frogg Toggs bought Dri Ducks and there were blow-out sale on remaining Dri Ducks inventory I bought a set of those very cheap and cut off the hood and sleeves at the elbow. They're much less clammy now around the throat and on the arms. Fine in warm weather.

BTW1 - I shoot in a vest and wear one over my Frogg Toggs.

BTW2 - Froggs Toggs have treated me well, but beware of some of the on-line merchandisers of their products.

10. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

I like my Johnny Storm rain gear the best. Lightweight and good windbreak too.

11. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

walmart has Sterns, very nice breathable, light weight, complete outfit under $50.00

12. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

I have John Storm apparel. It is rain resistant and not waterproof. Big difference. Go to google and type in snake eyes packable rain suit. You will love it or go to golfsmith.com and type it in. It is about $50 for the jacket and pants. They also make a brim hat. This stuff is great and WATERPROOF. Fits good and holds up good and comes with a packing pouch. You will not be disappointed.

Good Shooting

13. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

If you see Bi-laminate Frogg Toggs for sale, be aware they are the old Dri Ducks. They are lighter than the original Frogg Toggs which had more layers of laminate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.