1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Good Quality Shooting Vest.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by over the hill, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

I will be in the market for a new shooting vest soon. Most now are part mesh and price varies quite a bit.

My current one I purchased from H.C. Jones a loooong time ago.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks. Regards Gerald

2. kelly andersen

kelly andersen TS Member

10x, Bob Allen, Browning, Cabelas, Gander Mountain all have them. I have a 10X I've used for 20 years and it still looks like new, very well made. Give ebay a shot, you can see a ton of them there.

3. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

I'm very happy with the Orvis Competition Clays mesh vest I bought last year. Very light and comfortable. Much cooler than the Browning Deluxe mesh vest it replaced.

4. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

I'm partial to Browning vests... kind of a duh given my handle. I like the pocket for the Reactor pad.

If you're a lefty, I have two different vests for sale. One is a used Browning 2X in green with light tan mesh. Faded, but in very good condition. Nothing wrong with it. I just wanted a new one with a hull pouch on the back.

The other is a brand new Cabelas L in green with black mesh (still has the tags attached). I got this one as a gift, but in the wrong size.

Email me privately if you're interested. Anybody else, too!

5. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

over the hill:

I have had good luck with Janet's stuff and she want's her customers to be happy also with the product.

the C-J's website is above and also her email info.

Foghorn220

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

I liked the 10X vests but they are no longer produced so I have switched to Browning. My wife very strongly believes that the color of my shooting vests must match the color of cloths I am wearing when I shoot. She has laid out 12 different vests for me to take to the Southern Grand next week. She has concluded that I can not wear a vest more than one day without washing it. She mutters something about me and a pig in the same sentence. My cloths, including a shooting vest and the correct shoes, are packed for me and laid out each morning. All I have to do is put them on.

I have not bought a shooting vest for 25 years and I must have 20 different fairly new ones in my closet. Life could be worse.

Pat Ireland

7. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

I have had great luck with vest and shirts made by Fran Custom Emboidery. Since my phyisque ( sort of like dressing a beach ball )does not wear off the shelf cloths well , she has been my savior in the shooting cloths department. And her prices are great too. Her email is: fmurphee@oh.rr.com

8. kenf

kenf Active Member

I have quite a few of the older USA made Bob Allen vests in different sizes and styles. E-mail me if interested. You won't beat the price.

Thanks,
    Ken

9. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Thanks to all for the tips.

I sort of like the new Browning vest called The Santa Fe. NICA has it for 124.99. A little pricey. Is it made in China?..I hope not.

Pat. If your response was to make us jealous, mission accomplished.

More snow today...Regards Gerald

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.