1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Good place to stay for the Grand

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by sls, Mar 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sls

sls TS Member

looking for information on a good place to stay for the grand. hotel would be fine. have herd that some were not so nice and some were along ways away. looking for first hand information. thanks in advance.
    shannon sorrick

2. guncase

guncase TS Member

Best place to stay is in the 2001 Bounder Motorhome that I have for sale!! Nice unit with only 43000 miles, has it all, well kept , very clean. Books at $38000.00, health forces sale at only $29,000.00 a steal! Paul

866-868-9410

3. southpark

southpark TS Member

LOL!

Before guncase replied I was going to point out how the lack of responses said a lot!

Seriously, a TT, 5th Wheel, or MH, are probably the "best" places to stay there.

4. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

I stayed in O'Fallon,IL. at an Extended Stay Hotel. Yes it was 45 minutes away , but clean and priced right. Yes I would like to stay closer. I was there for a week and was in shoot-offs three nights in 06.Having good eating facilities at main building sure helped.

Joe Woods/Ontario

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I was thinking about reserving a room too. The Hotels are 45 min away??? Any other hotels?? I heard this was a major problem w/ the Sparta location. No wonder attendance was down.

6. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Sure there are places to stay that are closer, but they were booked about six months ago. At this date places like O'Fallon or Fairview Heights will be your best bet. Perryville, MO might be worth a try, but it wouldn't surprise me if its booked full too. Or you can get on a waiting list at the motels that are closer. Maybe you'll get lucky and someone will cancel.

The 45 minute drive isn't bad. It's a nice drive through the Illinois countryside on a summer day. The roads are good and the traffic is very light.

YMMV

7. antique

antique TS Member

No place it all stinks.Jim

8. dollarsworth

dollarsworth TS Member

the best place is to stay at home,that's what i'm doing.

9. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Best Western in Chester,IL.

Phone-618 826 3034

Toll free-877 826-4701

Quite cashy but very-very nice.

Super 8 in Pinckeyville,IL.

618 357 5600

It is ran by snake charmers. They also charge your card for full amount when you check in. A two or three day check out rule.

Bo

10. dkarre686

dkarre686 TS Member

stay away from Okawville i believe it was the natural springs inn..i swear i walked into my room and needed to bless the place.....supposed to be haunted but i think its just a hell hole...don't belive the website they didn't renovate the place either

11. littlebear

littlebear TS Member

We stayed in Perryvile Mo last year. Was a pleasant 45 minute drive each morning. Every night we went back a different way just to see the area. Do not let the distance worry you. Most of the roads are in good shape and not much traffic.

12. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

East St Louis is beautiful that time of year. Just keep your gun loaded and with you at all times.

Rock

Jim

13. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

14. beretta bry

beretta bry TS Member

I looked to see about the new Holiday inn express for you...but it is filled ..it is in Sparta..so there is at least one new hotel there already, and full already. The one in O Fallon still had rooms and they list they are $115-140 a night and it is about 32 miles from the grounds........but the Holiday inn express in Cahokia, which it says is about 38 miles from the grounds says its rooms are $62-118 on line and they have availability. Just thought I would post that on here....someone might have stayed there and can give you first had knowledge.....we stay in our camper on the grounds..but just thought it might help you....

Lorna Hull

p.s. you know distance is all about what you are used to....my hubby drives 40 miles (about 35-min) one way to work everyday...and our friend in CA drives 1 1/2 hours each way to work.....he thought ours was a snap!

15. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Anyone with experience with the Nashville, Ill, Best Western??

Jim

16. beretta bry

beretta bry TS Member

Kriver Motel I believe.....it is in Baldwin I think......

hey do have a website.....but not sure of the addy. glad you remembered. nice guy.

17. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

MX10RS4me:

I stayed at Mikes place I think for 2 nights for the Team shoot and I got lucky because he had a check out about the time I called and the room was just remodeled and was as nice as any high priced motel.

Also got to meet his 2 kids and he was taking them to a hockey game in St Louis that week end and doing other things with them also he was in the process of setting up a new home next to his motel so he was very busy that week end

Anyway it was a pleasure staying there because you can tell he is the type to go out of his way to help a person he even gave me his cell number incase if I wanted to ask him anything.

I think he was expecting to see a red comb on top of my head after I told him who I was from this site.

I doubt if he has any rooms left by now because it wasn't that big of a place maybe 15 rooms but it was very close to the Grand about 5 miles probably.

Foghorn

18. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Foghorn,I can't believe he did not evict you when you told him who you were.

Bo

19. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Bo here was the story as I was checking he already knew I was going to the Trap shoot and he came up with the question if I had ever been on that trapshooters.com before both of his small kids was there probably from 7 to 11 year old range.

Well I said have you ever saw Foghorn220 on there then he started telling his daughter Abby that I was the one that posted some pictular picture that she really liked that was on the trap site.

I didn't really know if I should had lied and said that I never heard of the trap site but I told the truth and you should seen his reactions I guess I didn't look like this at all to him.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

He also told me I could have run of the house and even use his personal computer in his office I guess he knew I would be having withdrawals if I didn't get my dailey fix.

Maybe he thought I would tear the room up if I went cold turkey for a day without a computer.

Foghorn

20. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Foggy, it's 'daily'...lol

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.