1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Good ole Teddy !

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bigbore613, May 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language.. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.'
    Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Every American citizen needs to read this, Jeff

2. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

Lord, if it could only be that way.

BB

3. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

It once was. conform or leave.

Bob

4. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

BB it was that way for many Generations, not so any more and the more power the liberals get the farther from that goal we will get.

Jeff I agree with this outlook on Americanism I would however add it.

"Every American citizen needs to read this"

I think every American citizen needs to read and understand this reading it isn't enough. JMO

Bob Lawless

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    My idea is that we grant amnesty and citizenship to the illegals who are here.... as soon as they show how willing they are to be Americans by learning English and signing up for military service and going to Afghanistan.

6. trench12

trench12 TS Member

speaking of Teddys, how many days has the other one been sober now????

7. birddogs46

birddogs46 Active Member

in every public and private school, in american history, that should be right up their with the pledge of allegience to the flag, our kids should be taught that it is a honor to be an american...dk

8. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Ted wanted the immigrants then as much as Obama wants them now.....New voters. Sign a sheet a paper and walk in. It's different now. Back then they were forced to assimilate by all the other immigrants. Not now. Our system is too "Politically correct", and they know it from watching CNN, so they don't have to give up anything. It's the easy way out. Their relation that is here now knows that we created our own weak spot in this PC bull $hit, so they take advantage of it. Now we tolerate it. In the 20's, you became an "American" and were damn proud of it.

9. Charkat1

Charkat1 Member

My grandparents, who came from Sweden, didn't want their children to be anything but Americans! No customs handed down, no language other than English...

My late husband, who taught college in an ethnically diverse school in Brooklyn, said, "If you want a permanent underclass, keep them in their own language." Food for thought. Now the "tail wags the dog".

Charlene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.