1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Good old day were BS

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by copper, Dec 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. copper

copper Member

I shoot with a guy he is 81 said lot of crooked old timers and rude rotten people. Less law no internet less press. The old gunsmith slash gun dealer back home when I was a kid was a butcher if he worked on your gun you could tell. He cheated more widows out of great guns you could write a book on that alone, he was rich and worked out of a shed the bait or stage setting. So good old days same as good new days % is same I think. Internet has improve finding costs and value of things . I am 53 I get very tired of hearing how old days were all warm and fuzzy ,Point I made so bad was yes some things were much better but there were plenty of bad then and now.

2. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

The Good Ole boy club was in full swing, lot's of sweet heart deals and corruption. They only recently came out with forensic accounting that's catching a lot of skimmers.

I read Spiral Agnew was so corrupt he had a choice, retire or be indited for tax evasion. They say he shook down all the cigarette machines companies across the country for a nickel a pack, among many other capers.

3. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

I like the good ole days when we read a prayer and pledged allegiance to our country every day in school. I liked the good ole days when I could bring a shotgun to school on Fridays in the fall so I could hunt with Mr. Stanley and Mr. Griffith (industrial art's teachers) after school. I remember the good ole days in the 60's where you could quit a job in the morning and have another one by noon. But mostly I miss the 30 cents a gallon gas in the good ole days.

4. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Copper, Please don't combine alcohol and keyboards- it makes you sound like a crazy fellow.

5. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Copper what you need is some punctuation in your posts. I think there are some good thoughts there, but I'm not sure what they are.

6. birddogs46

birddogs46 Active Member

my memories of the good ole days of the 60's were the number of coveys of birds u could find, intense farming and use of the chenicals that are used, have depelated the quail and phesant populations thru out the midwest, but the turkey and deer populations have really grown, deer have almost become a nusiance at least in so. illinois, the turks are bout as bad, and the standard of living has gotten better, if u think the good ole days were then, just look at what most people have today as compared to what their grand parents had, i am 65 so that's how i compare things today...dk

7. chemist

chemist Member

the sad part of this posting about the "good ole days of yore" is that the days we have now will be the " good ole days" of tomorrow to those left, if we keep going at this rate in our country. Few people in the good old days ( self included ) could or would have envisioned what has happened, and neither did I think that those earlier days were always great, until now. Most events in life that generate opinions of this sort are the result of comparisons.

I'm going shooting and then I can compare my scores to those of last year. Maybe they will be better ,maybe worse, but I am thankful that I still live in a country where I can have a gun and shoot.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Rich K - chemist

8. APrice

APrice Active Member

This thread reminds me a little of the old Grammie days.

9. billyboy07208

billyboy07208 Member

Row, row, row your boat
    gently down the stream
    and if you see a crocodile,
    don't forget to scream

Row Row Row Your Boat
    Gently down the stream
    You throw your teacher overboard
    And listen to her scream

Row row row your boat
    Gentily down the steam
    Give a smile pull the plug
    And become a submarine!

10. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Your life is what you choose to make of it for the most part. I am 65 and I had a wonderful childhood full of memories of how things were then. My life now is good as well. I am about as happy as I could be other than a little worry about how my grandchildren are going to have to face the debt our government is running up.
    Have a good day folks.

11. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

I'd love to go back to the good ole days, however wicked they may be.

Don

12. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    It's a pity we can't combine the good things of today with the good things of yesterday and dump the bad things from both.

13. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Let me tell ya, I'd pay alot of money to be 27 again. Ah the "good ole days" :)

14. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I loved the 50's & 60's. people were genuine & honest.

15. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

I borrowed money at a bank in 1964(at 6%). The VP told me I got the loan because I had a good hand shake and looked him in the eye. Also, I wasn't related to people of the same name in a neighboring town. Gas less than .25 a gal., AA sold for $45 a case, GAH targets were $12 a hundred, new car was $2600., 3 bedroom bungalow was $12,500. I earned $4. hr. and could afford to shoot.

CEO of most co.s made less than $200,000. Politicians were still unethical and padded their own pockets but not to the tune of millions. Listen to Merle Haggard's "Are the good times really over for good?" how more meaningful today than when first recorded.

16. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

Copper I am only a couple of years younger at 51 but I am solidly with Bigdon bring back the good ole days,I graduated from high school in 1979 and began life with the Carter administration and an 18.6% interest rate on my first home but would take the 70's and 80's back in a minute,people worked hard to make a better life for themselves now most of them only work hard at getting someone else to make their life better. :eek:( Jerry

17. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

We were too broke to pay attention in the good old days I remember. Damn, I hated it when the only pages left in the Sears catalog were the slick ones. They did not wipe - just smeared.

We had lots of time and plenty to eat but the next time around we will have plenty of time and nothing to eat.

18. warren

warren Member

I'd like to have some of good old days back too I just wish that I knew then what I know now.

warren

19. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

The 50s were the good ole' days, before the drug culture became ingrained, before political correctness diminished our freedom, when you could leave your house unlocked with no fear of theft, when kids played outside well after dark with no fear, when our borders meant something, when the Constitution was respected, when we were free to follow our dreams, before the welfare state, when we knew and helped our neighbors, when schools were locally controlled and actually taught reading, writing and arithmetic, when a man's word was his bond, when game was plentiful and most every place was open to hunting, when streams were clean and fishing was great, when not everything was overtaxed and the dollar was sound, when a family could be supported on one paycheck.

I don't believe the "things" we have now make us happier, life is just more complicated.

How things have changed.

20. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

The days are what you make them. Quit bitching and do what it takes to take care of yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.