1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Good News?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hmb, May 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The price of lead today is $1.09 a pound. HMB

2. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Bad news,,,a gallon of reg. gas is $3.69,,,

3. 100straight

100straight Member

The prediction today is that oil wil soon go to $200.00 a barrel. A barrel of crude is 42 gallons for those that have ever wondered, so at $200 a barrel it is $4.76 a gallon at the oil well. When that happens you will wish gas was $3.69 a gallon again.

Shoot well and often,

Mark.

4. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

How many gallons of gas from a barrel of oil?

5. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

not enough

6. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

I did a search. "A barrel contains 42 gallons. After refining, it makes about 19.5 gallons of gasoline in addition to numerous other products such as heating oil.."

7. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

My ass hurts just thinking about this crap,,,,

8. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Do you load your shells with oil? HMB

9. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

My question is why? Seems there has to be a reason for the rapid increase. Someone other than the oil compinies have to be making big bucks. Jake

10. hairy

hairy TS Member

11. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Yet when I pass the coffee shacks in the morning, there is always 4 or 5 cars sitting there idling, waiting for that $4 20-oz cup of joe....

Seen a couple funny things in the past two weeks. You know how when you shut a gas pump off, there's a bit of pressure in the hose, and if you squeeze the nozzle again, you get about an extra cup of gasoline? I saw a lady MOVE HER CAR from pump to pump, and systematically do that to each nozzle, without ever turning on any of them - she hit 6 pumps that way. I guess if each hose gave her a cupful, she might have gotten about 18 cups of gas that way.

And I watched a guy buy a cup of coffee ($2), a doughnut (don't know the price) and put down a $5 bill, a $1 bill, 2 quarters and some pennies and tell the clerk to "put all the change on pump 3" So he might have had enough coming back to buy a gallon or so....

I won't worry too much about the price of gas until i see all the coffee shacks closed and no cars in the McD drive through.

12. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I know what you mean Jeff.

The other evening I was watching my daughter's ball game from the backside of right field and there was this guy in an SUV with the engine running during the entire game so he could also watch a movie on the DVD player.

I have even made an effort to drive slower as in the speed limit but this results in having some preoccupied cell phone addict riding your bumper and alternating between accelerator and brake because they think it will make things go faster. This is in small town USA, must be a real zoo in a big city.

So my conclusion is the high cost of fuel isn't yet high enough to change wasteful behaviors. Still lots of big shiny monster trucks on the road looking cool at 10 mpg.

13. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

More good news. Lead is $.99 a pound today. HMB

14. perga1

perga1 Active Member

Devilsadvocate, I see you still do not allow facts to get in the way of your hatred for GWB. JRM

15. boneman

boneman TS Member

someone asked if you load your shells with oil and the answer is kind of yes. The plastic wads are made with oil as is most plastic. Larry

16. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

A few weeks ago I don't remember exactly when the cost of a barrel of crude went up and I saw the report on the morning news. The news commentator said that the price of Gasoline at the pump had gone up almost 20 cents that night. How does Gas go up when the crude that had the increase has not even reached our shores yet?????????

Bob Lawless

17. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

It is called larceny. HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.