1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GOOD NEWS: STOLEN GUN RECOVERED

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Chango2, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

A couple of weeks ago I posted regarding my friend's loss of a K-80 that was stolen from his jeep at Triple B's. Fortunately, the good world of shotgunners got the word out and the gun was recovered. I heard the story from my friend and victim, but coming from me and not from him, the story is admittedly a bit second hand. However, the basics seem to be: The good folks at Pacific Sporting Arms in Azusa were well aware of this rather unique K-80's theft. It was a removable trigger model, somewhat rare compared to most K-80's. An individual went to Pacific Sporting Arms with that gun and tried to place it on consignment. Pacific Sporting Arms, Azusa, California, (John Herkowitz, Prop. and Owner) called the Azusa Police Department and the seller of the gun was, ah, "in trouble" after the police arrived, and the Krieghoff Trapgun went into "safe keeping" (with, I believe, The Department of Justice, I may be wrong) to be returned at a later date to my friend.

I relate this as a fine example of shooters and firearm stores and gunclubs all working together and keeping abreast of what is new on a local and or regional level. All I can say is: Well done Herkowitz and Company. It was not John Herkowitz himself who was intitially presented with the K-80 by the seller with stolen goods, but one of his staff members who also kept a close awareness of this situation. Nice to hear good news for a change.

---David

2. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

just curious....was the perp a rogue trapshooter with sticky fingers or just a common scumbag looking for an easy score??

4. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

That's great news, and I applaud the folks at Pacific. Let's hope the gun is returned to it's owner in a timely manner, and not kept as "evidence" while the justice system plods along. ....mike

5. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Perp appeared to be just somebody looking for an easy buck. From what I heard, the person who went to Pacific was driving a late model European luxury sedan. He was very likely NOT the person who was the thief as per security tapes at the range. It appears that the person is likely guilty, thus far, of buying and receiving stolen goods. It also appears that the individuals involved were not rogue trapshooters or shooters, but individuals who knew that some firearms are worth a lot of money.

My friend has not recovered his expensive shooting bag full of a lifetime's worth of shooting accessories (incuding expensive choke tubes for various guns) and a Remington Model 31 in great shape are still unaccounted for.

6. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

I have long advocated and asked for, a web-site or place to keep current and past stolen guns (especially sporting guns) recorded so we small dealers who infrequently check this site, can have access to the numbers. Thieves are reluctant to steal what they can't sell..........merlyn

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

It is good news but tell your friend not to get in a hurry. They will retain his gun until well after any trial. In my case it took three years to get my guns back. Thats is better than not ever seeing them again. Also your friend will need a bill of sale to claim them

8. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Friend told me that DOJ said it would be a month to two months before he gets the gun back.

9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

If it puts the real culprit behind bars then 2 months is small price for justice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.