1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Good news in Illinois

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GrandpasArms, Dec 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

SB681 Bill Has Been Over-ridden By The House of Representatives and the Governors Veto!

Today, the Illinois House of Representatives has voted to over ride SB681 and the Governors veto. By a vote of 78-28-0, the bill is now considered dead.

SB681 as previously reported had to do with restriction of shipping ammunition to Illlinois residents.

Thanks to the Illinois State Rifle Association membership and gun owners throughout the state, along with the many phone calls made to legislators, we were able to stop this bill from becoming law.

2. partygirl

partygirl TS Member

There is more good news from Springfield. I have heard from several legislators that after Jan 1 there will be a VETO proof majority when concealed carry is brought up for a vote. Even the morons in Springfield finally have seen that it is a huge revenue getter. I am told that they are trying to write out the city of Chicago. Hell, from the weekend news I thought they had concealed carry there.

3. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

That CC bill will not come to the floor again UNLESS the representatives are certain it will be safe. It was withdrawn last time because it looked like Rahm had the books cooked in opposition. It looks a lot better this time.

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

A lot of people have slammed Illinois about your gun laws and the Grand being there, etc. It is obvious from all the posts here that your state has the same issues we have: Big cities, with lots of voters and crime want to take desparate untested measures to regulate firearms when they should be doing a better job on ethics, family continuity, and personnal responsibility.

But, that would take too much devotion and truth.

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

Keep it up, Illinois! Force the Obama administration to get on record quashing the will of the people at the state level.

"How many House seats do you want to lose in the mid-terms?"

6. glock22

glock22 TS Member

Well said Setterman!

7. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Now you just need to purge out the 28 that voted for it!

8. JED618

JED618 TS Member

I am hoping conceal carry passes - I wrote Governor Quinn last year, and told him I am boycotting Chicago until conceal carry passes. I live in southern Illinois would like to see Chicago at Christmas but Branson gets my money. Senator Durbin also got the same message!

9. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Keep the poor dependent and voting for your party thats the Democrat way. it'sd my hope that CC is voted on and past in the corruption capitol of the U.S. Keep the city of chicago out of it when I visit I may take my chances. We have police officers shooting harmless pups in an effort to write a ticket? Really and he should have the right to carry?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.