1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Good News for Perazzi Owners re Parts

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by whiz white, Nov 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

In a lengthly phone conversation with Italian gun parts maker, Marcello Giuliani, he indicated that he is now getting into a more in-depth Perazzi market.

Marcello will initially be manufacturing hammers, sears, etc., all for the MX8 style receivers. Marcello also mentioned that he is designing a new Adjustable Trigger similar to the Perazzi adjustable with a couple of exceptions. The trigger "shoe" that fits your trigger finger will be made of the same material the Glock is made of, and it will be grooved or serrated to better grip your finger. He also will make the trigger for either left handed and right handed shooters. He indicated that the Italians shoot triggers that are slightly angled to the right or left to better fit the ergonometrics of the trigger finger.

I will be doing the installs here in the US because a small hole must be drilled in an exact location to permit the installation of the new trigger. We will use a jig to accomplish this.

Also, now on the drawing board is my suggestion of an all stainless steel trigger housing. The housing would incorporate your existing trigger parts, or could include all the new parts he is manufacturing. We'd expect it to be in the $500-$600 range. It is in the engineering stage as we speak.

Marcello has "seen the light" and feels he can make a descent living making these parts, and still price his work at much less that the traditional Perazzi market.

He also discussed the possibility of building a trap gun for the American market. He has some design ideas in his head, and if he puts his mind to it, I would think we could get out a Perazzi-like unit for considerably much less than the P gun. I would want a simple trigger assembly with a straighter striking pin, similar to the Seitz. More will follow as we get into this stage of the market. Should this occur, I will then obtain my exporter's license as I have intended to do fotr quite some time.

I expect to have a bundle of parts arriving this week for us Perazzi shooters.

Whiz White

2. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

Thanks Whiz for the information.

Charlie

3. whiz white

Thanks, SportShot. In all honesty, when Marcello told me this, my first thought was why do that, and then the more we talked, the I understood the idea of it.

I'm pretty excited to have this guy in Italy wanting to really get into the parts manufacturing business. He now will be installing a leaf spring checking machine so he can be sure of each spring's quality. He said he makes most of his tooling and machines.

I feel honored that he confides in me. I will keep us shooter abreast of what's happening.

Whiz

4. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

good stuff, love to see it...

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Keep rockin'. Perazzis LOVE attention! LOL

6. whiz white

MX-8B: I do quite a bit of lathe work here and I love working with stainless steel. It is my preferred metal to machine.

Is a bit harder that what is used in the receivers, true as you say, but I'm thinking that a good fitting housing should not, hopefully, be a problem.

Got the fingers crossed.

Whiz

7. whiz white

Sportshot, I'll pass this on to Marcello. These should be a piece of cake to make. It just needs to be such that the setup time must reflect the numbers.

I've only had ONE call for these in the last year.

Whiz

8. jbshep

jbshep Member

Whiz: Talk with Glen Hunting about the straight strike trigger. Glen makes one similar to the Seitz but faster. I have one in my TMX and like it better than the Seitz. Glen lives at the Silver Dollar.

9. jbshep

jbshep Member

Whiz: Talk with Glen Hunting about the straight strike trigger. Glen makes one similar to the Seitz but faster. I have one in my TMX and like it better than the Seitz. Glen lives at the Silver Dollar.

10. jbshep

jbshep Member

11. jbshep

jbshep Member

12. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Whiz, consider a replacement release trigger. Or for Sportshot a release mouse.

13. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

or maybe release snap caps !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

marcello giuliani gun parts