1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Good man on a backhoe

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hairy, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hairy

hairy TS Member

Pretty good man to do this.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

My local Cat dealer showed me this a while back. Very inpressive.

3. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

Yes but how did he get the hoe back off the train ?
    Will they show you that ?

4. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Thats easy ... instead of scrolling from the top down you scroll from the bottom up. Try it and you will see that it works as to how they got it back off the train car.

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking...low bridge...is how they got it off.

That practice looks like something your local OSHA inspector would faint over.

6. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Retired this past year from BNSF. What you see there is a common practice by the track department on the rail road. they unload a multitude of things from those gondola cars with a variety of attachments on the backhoe portion. have a claw for picking up scrap metal from alongside rail. use the same claw to distribute rail ties alongside the track, and there is usually a winch in the front loader that attaches to the next car so that they can move from car to car. pretty neat to watch.

lol BOB

byw The TEXASZEPHYR was the last passenger train that ran from Denver to Dallas to Houston

7. catpaver

catpaver TS Member

The company that owns these machines is Herzog Companies in St Joseph Mo. I used to work for them in the early 80's. To get that machine off of the cars they position the backhoe between two railcars and let the machine down between them. When I was working for them we made a couple of machines that would raise themself up and then rotate on top of the railcar. That way the machine could clean the material out of the last car without dismounting turning around and remounting. The process of working ontop of railcars is a patented method. And yes they have hit bridges and various other obstacles while on top of railcars. The Cat dealer that I work for now sell's the machines to them and we get one or two every year that has to have a cab replaced.
    Steve R

8. td_ict_ks

td_ict_ks TS Member

TEXASZEPHYR...I worked on the rails for a few years as well. I saw this quite a few times. I think oldpshooter can tell some RR stories!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.