1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Good Luck to you whoever you are!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pyrdek, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

This morning on I-79 in northwestern PA someone in a white Suburban hauling a trailer with a Golf Cart with White canopy passed me. It looked like a four seat cart with two rear facing seats. I am pretty sure that this was a shooter's golf cart since there were several decals on the cart and at least one I saw as it went pass was a standing shotgun shooter. I could not catch the license plate to see what state it may have been from.

Whoever you are, if you are on this list, I wish you well in your efforts. Since this is a Thursday, I can only think you might be going to a shoot that starts today or Friday and is somewhere south of the northwestern corner of PA. Since the Southern Zone starts today, maybe that is where you are headed. Just remember, all those orange things you see along I-79 are NOT targets but Pennsylvania's Official Summer State flower, The CONSTRUCTION BARRIER! They come out every Spring and stay out till Fall!

2. ctreay

ctreay Member

I believe that (unofficaly) they are also known as truckers toys. If you catch em with the outside dual just right you can flip em four or five feet.

ctreay

3. Pipe Layer

Pipe Layer Well-Known Member

If the everyday driver had crews and family working behind those barriers they would have a different outlook. I have those crews and family out there. I have seen what happens when people speed thru those zones. I even seen what it looks like when a box truck driver goes to sleep and hits one of my ton trucks in a back at 75 mile a hour with my son in the ton truck in a constrution zone.NOT FUNNY AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TD

4. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

pyrdek proves there are some very special people in trapshooting amongst a few not so special. Wishing a total stranger good luck and fortune. Some years back Mike Jordon, All American and Hall of Famer from Illinois, was interviewed by ESPN at the Grand in Vandalia. He was asked (on TV) "What is so special about trapshooting". Mike's answer was "It's the people, not the sport". I have that interview on tape.

milt

5. Goliad

Goliad TS Member

+1 Pipelayer. I work behind those cones and have lost co-workers to jerks and drunks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.