1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Good Idea from Whiz White for PW Loader

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by citadel, Mar 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. citadel

citadel Active Member

Whiz just sent me his new shell seating post with a magnet built in for my 800+. The magnet grabs the steel casing of the spent primer and seats the shell with a "snap". This very simple upgrade for a PW 800+ assures that the shell is seated in exactly the right position ready to go into the first station. I loaded over 1,000 shells thus afternoon and there were exactly ZERO out of position shells coming into the machine from the auto shell feeder. I use an electric drive and get close to 500 shells per hour. The best thing is that this neat upgrade is only TEN BUCKS plus a few cents shipping each way using your post. He has new posts available if you need one. Try it you will love it.
    Please note that Whiz did not pay for this ad but I am sure he will approve of it.
    Doug

2. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

Does this prevent shot from falling into the center of the seating post?

3. cnsane

cnsane Member

You have to buy the special lead attracting magnet for loose shot. It's a little more pricey, magnet wise, but well worth the extra money.

4. citadel

citadel Active Member

No it does not stop the shot problem. The only thing that does that is being a careful operator and cleaning up any spills as they happen. This issue is not confined to PW machines. I also have a Spolar that crushes out of allignment shells from time to time.

If you are sloppy, fail to clean up when you have a spill you will be in trouble and have an out of alignment shell. Like missing at trap, it is normally not the equipment it is operator error.
    Still Whiz had a good idea and it is a bargin at ten dollars.
    Doug

5. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

cnsane, just where do you find a lead attracting magnet?

6. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Oh... my... gawd!!!

Keller

7. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

citadel , The only time I have a hull "out of alignment", is when a piece shot falls onto the seating post.

8. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Ditto Johnny. Keep the shot out of there and all is well.

9. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I installed one in my 800+. It works great.

10. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

John Thompson,

You can find a lead attracting magnet in Afganistan, a video demonstration can be seen under the thread heading of "Never Point an RPG at the Marines" near the top of this thread list.

God Bless 'Em!! (The Marines) Leave it to the younger generation to come up with all the cool stuff.

Chuck

11. skeezix

skeezix Member

I've been using a magnet set into the shell seating post on my .410 setup for a couple or three years. Works really well. The .410 especially, that little hull tends to wobble a bit if you're loading with any speed at all -if it wobbles, the die will catch the lip of the hull and schmuck it. The magnet takes out any wobble and locks the hull into the hull seating post dead solid. Little 1/4" diameter magnets are commonly available at the hardware store - fairly easy to drill into the hull seating post and seat a magnet. Even factory primers have steel anvils -I have yet to find a hull that doesn't sit down nice and solid.

I started a hole with a drill bit slightly larger than a primer rim diameter, and then drilled with a 1/4" bit deep enough to set the magnet below flush. By counterboring with a bit slightly larger than a primer rim diameter, and then by setting the magnet slightly below flush, a sllghtly proud primer won't cause the hull to lean far enough to catch a rim on the die.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.