1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Good Friday - Holiday

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bisi, Mar 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Got up this morning, and headed out the door. Got at the first busy intersection and I noticed there wasn't as much traffic as usual. Pull out on the road and traffic was lighter than normal. I thought what the heck? Then I heard on the radio news that the local government and state offices would be closed with a bunch of other businesses, because it was Good Friday. Traffic was light on the way home tonight also.

Earlier this week I heard there were a bunch of schools not having Easter Egg Hunts because it mentioned a religious holiday. Just got me to thinking - nobody seems offended about taking a relgious holiday off of work, just don't mention it.???

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

PC has ruined a once great Nation!!

Your just seeing the results of a nation turning its back on God and God turning His back on it!!!

Be Prepared, turn back or its gonna get worse, History proves it!

3. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

AMEN timberfaller!!!

4. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Taking off for any excuse is usually well received. I have had employers who did not close on good Friday, but if you wanted to go to church would excuse you. I always thought that was good practice even though I was not Catholic.

5. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

Different religions celebrate different Holidays. What's so difficult to understand about that? I am a Christian (Lutheran) and will be celebrating Easter this weekend. Jews will not celebrate Easter and those who are Eastern Orthodox run on a different calendar.

I guess I just don't see the problem here.

Tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.