1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Good Friday ATA Shoot Northwest Ohio

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tweety1, Apr 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tweety1

tweety1 Member

Williams County Gun Club, Montpelier, Ohio is shooting ATA on Good Friday, April 10, 2009. We will start Doubles around 9:30 a.m. followed by Singles then Handicaps. We are still throwing White Flyer targets @ $18.00 a hundred plus your fees and options. Hope to see you all on Good Friday.
    The Heisler's Mary Jane and Johnny

2. tweety1

tweety1 Member

3. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

Mary Jane: Look forward to seeing you Friday. Big Papa will be there making custom ear plugs for anyone needing a new pair. I will give a weather report later in the week...still checking my sources. Roger

4. tweety1

tweety1 Member

It's Tuesday just a couple of more days to hear what Roger has to say, hoping it will be a good day:)

5. George Steffes

George Steffes TS Member

tweety 1,wonder what Roger gonna tell us?Will it be snowing,sunshine,or raining?to bad he didn't bring some of the Fla. weather with him.

George

6. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

Tweety and George: I have been waiting for my instruments to unthaw...they liked it better in Florida! It looks like a little cloudy and cool but I believe the rain is going to stay away...more details to follow. Roger

7. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

I will have available at the Williams County Good Friday ATA shoot the Ohio State Golf Cart Raffle tickets to benefit the OSTA Foundation. The tickets are $5.00 each or 5/$20.00. Roger

8. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Blizzard Brenner?

9. tweety1

tweety1 Member

Roger I hope them instruments get thawed out real soon, tried of the cold weather:)

10. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

Mary Jane and gang: Our very own BIG DON has come up with a fantastic idea. Dick "Big Papa" is going to be at Williams County ATA shoot this friday to shoot and make some of his custom molded earplugs. Big Don has agreed to give away one pair of Big Papa's earplugs-all Junior and Subjunior shooters who shoot at least one event will be entered into a drawing and the one Big Don draws from the hat will win a pair of earplugs compliments of Big Don!

Now don't tell too many people here on TS.com about this drawing because we don't want them to see this soft side of Big Don!!!!!!! See you Friday, Roger

11. Joe Smoke

Joe Smoke Member

What a great gesture from Big Don! I'm feeling a little sorry for his Spartans this week, I was pulling for them. I think Big Don has made some new friends, they are all waiting in line to be his protection shoot partner. All youth shooters that have 2 scores registered to establish an average at Williams County will also be in the hunt for 2 boxes of shells per event. These will be awarded to the youth shooter most targets over their average. The awards have been going out fast now that the weather has turned and more kids are getting the average established. Bring some more flats Roger, we need to re-stock!
    Joe

12. tweety1

tweety1 Member

Thanks BIG DON we knew that you had a very soft spot someplace in that big heart. What a very kind man you are. I got your spots reserve for Friday. Take care hope to see lots of shooters tomorrow.

13. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

BREAKING NEWS: It just keeping getting better. Big Papa (aka Dick Barhorst) has just informed me that we will be giving away TWO sets of earplugs in the youth drawing-one set from Big Don and one set from Big Papa... Really a nice gesture from Both Don Hoffman and Dick Barhorst for some really nice young shooters. My hat is off to you both. Roger

14. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

Looking forward to my first trip to your gun club. The guys have a lot of nice things to say about your place. Always glad to do something for kids. See you in the morning (my GPS device says it can find you and it is a two hour trip).

15. tweety1

tweety1 Member

Big Papa if you can't find your way I'm Sure Roger will get you there by his cell phone if your GPS messes up. Can't wait to meet you have heard nothing but good. Also thanks for supporting our youth shooters they are our future and the kids that shoot at our club are very good kids and shooters. They will all be excited tomorrow to see who the big winners are. Thanks for making the trip tomorrow. See you in the morning. MJ

16. Maumee River Rat

Maumee River Rat Member

OK tweety1 or Mr. Roger B. who won the earplugs? Thanks to Don and Big Papa!!!

17. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

MRR: Cody Etchen and Travis Snyder won the Junior Earplug drawings. We had about 12 - 14 young shooters in the drawing. The rain held off most of the day with just a little sprinkle on the finishing handicap squads. Thanks to Big Don and Big Papa as well. Roger

18. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

GREAT TRIP TODAY. Met a lot of new trapshooters and saw a bunch of my old buddies that I had not seen since last fall. The neatest thing today was seeing all the kids learning to shoot trap!!!!! It looked to my like most of them had their dad there with them. As we get older, there are always events in our life that we remember like it was yesterday. I will bet some of the most important memories in life for some of these kids will be when they went trap shooting with their father. I would give anything if my dad was still living so we could go shooting together again!! These days are PRICELESS!

Thanks BIG DON for supporting the kids. Really neat to see someone dig in for the kids. I really wonder how many of you guys realize how lucky you are to have AJ and Roger supporting your area with super prices on reloading supplies and shells. On top of that, they bring them right to the shoot!!!! You do not have to run up and down the road to get them. I have nobody in my area selling supplies (let alone at reasonable prices) in my area. Roger you can bring a truck load to one of my shoots anytime.

If anyone who ordered ear plugs today has any problems or questions please do not hesitate to contact me. You can send me an email or PM me on this site.

19. tweety1

tweety1 Member

What a great day of shooting. We had 63 shooters come to shoot even if the weather forcast for the day all week was rain. Thank God the rain held off until the handicaps was almost over.
    Congratulations to Codey Etchen and Travis Snyder, these two sub junior and junior shooters were the winners of the earplugs donated by Don Hoffman and Dick Barhorst. Thanks Don and Dick for your support of our youth shooters.
    Thanks for all the shooters who participated in the drawing for the donated flat of shells and the shooters table. The lucky winner of both was our one and only John Legg he is one of our trustees and a very hard worker for the gun club. Congratulations John!!!!!!!
    High is Doubles for the day was Tom Heisler with a 95. High in Singles was Jeff Fish with a 96. Jim Smith was the winner of the Handicaps with a 93 and also got a yard for that. Congratulations guys!!!!!
    For those who couldn't make this shoot our next shoot is May 9th, hope you can make it then.
    HAPPY EASTER TO ALL THE SHOOTERS AND THEIR FAMILIES!!!!!!!!!!
    The Heisler's
    Mary Jane and Johnny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.