1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Good forum for bullet reloading ?????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by superump, Oct 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superump

superump TS Member

Anybody know of a good forum like this but for bullet reloading? I have had a reloader and dies forever but need help, info, suggestions and tips on bullet reloading. Thanks in advance - Dale Brown

2. Butler

Butler TS Member

go to a competent gunsmith or your friendly locally owned sporting goods store (no wallmart or K mart etc.) or better yet a gunsmith/custom rifle builder and ask them for help, they know what they are doing and most would love to help you spend more money in the sport. what area of the country are you from.???? Jim Butler

3. psfive

psfive Member

Buy one of the books from Hornady, Lee, Lyman or the like. Then sit down and read it. Then start asking questions of someone who is loading metalic. Then take you time load a little and go shoot. Check the result. Change the load if needed. Load some more and go shoot. Most of all take your time and enjoy the process. Paul in Nebraska.

4. IDAHOFARMER

IDAHOFARMER TS Member

You might try the firing line, I have found it interesting.

5. puddin

puddin TS Member

You can also try the reloaders nest I have found the site to be useful. Also psfive is right read all the manuals you can there is alot of useful info in them and don't rush it! Hope you have as much fun as I do. Good luck Chris

6. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

Go to EBAY for a loading manual and read it!! Then if you need help and want to talk to someone call Paul Box at Sierra bullets.He has a toll free line and would be glad to help you.Remember they have several people that you can speak with but I will only work with Paul as some of the others are not very freindly.PJ

7. james25889

james25889 Member

Try greybeard outdoors lots of helpful info there.

8. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

try this WWW.thehandloadersbench.com good people with lots of experiance and help, another good one is WWW.baitshopboyz.com,good sites.

Rick

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

24 hour campfire, Predator masters, 6mmBR.com, all have good info. The first 2 have sections specifically on reloading in addition to very active classifieds.

HM

10. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Buy the book "The ABC's of reloading." That will get you started right.

11. skeezix

skeezix Member

There are a lot of good forums over at www.accuratereloading.com as well.

john

12. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I'm sure all of the forums mentioned will be useful but it would suprise me if you couldn't get the same kind of help right here. Lots of reloading experiences to be shared and it isn't just with shotshells.

Give it a try, ask a question.

13. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

I second Wolfram......................

14. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I didn't read any posts here but what I do first is pick a bullet for the rifle that I'm going to shoot. I then look in the reloading book and see what powders are used and what I have in stock and or get. Then the primers.

I will then take one powder at a time and put it on the bench and reload 5 shells with a low load and 5 shells with a high or hot load. Take a piece of paper and write all this down and put each load in a zip lock bag with the data sheet. I will also write the load or data on each target.

Go to the range and shoot two of the groups because you don't want the rifle to get to hot.

I have gotten loads that were all over the target to those that went from noon to 6:00 and then those that you could cover with a quarter or dime. The rifle told me what it wanted. It is worth the time to do so.

15. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Here is a forum I belong to and enjoy

16. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

Thats a god forum CubanCigar I am also a member.

Rick

17. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Like they said above why not here? We did a very good expose` on loading the.40S&W, and even though I buy Handloadre Mag every 2 months, and frequent other forums, I have yet to see a more involved discussion of that cartridge anywhere else.

Randy

18. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

What might be your first caliber and gun you would consider loading for?
    Steve

19. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

One of the best forums on reloading of ALL sorts, guns, componets etc is Brian Enos Forums.......Join and start looking at a bunch of info. Got my questions answered and learned alot.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.