1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Good experience with Brownells

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Avaldes, Aug 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

I wanted to report a good outcome on an online purchase from Brownells.

About 6 weeks ago they had a very nice ammo sale. I had wanted to get a few flats of this and that. Unfortunately the Federal paper handicaps sold out the day before payday. But the price was too good to pass up, $84 delivered with a free shipping coupon code. I backordered them and decided to wait patiently.

It has become a bit of a ritual for me to check their website every few days to see if the shells came in. One day a couple weeks after the sale I saw that the shells were in stock on a Sunday evening. So Monday morning I called to check the status of my order and they said that they had no clue. The person on the phone had no idea that the shells had come in and sold out to the people on the backorder list before I made my call.

Well my patience finally paid off and I got an email this morning that my order had shipped! The funny thing is that I had placed the exact same phone call yesterday and was told that they didn't expect them in until October! I had a sneaking suspicion that Federal made a run of shells for the Grand and the leftovers are now headed out to the various distributors.

Anyway, it is good to see that the backorders do pay off, even when the people on the phone don't know what is going on. Can't wait to see the stack of 5 flats of 7.5 Paper Handicaps sitting on my porch:) I am hoping that they will fill my backorder of 7.5 Remington STS shot soon too!

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Brownells is the BEST!

3. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Brownell's is good to go.

4. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

I doubt you will ever have a bad experience with Brownells or Sinclair.

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I ordered a tool TUESDAY NIGHT, online. Got it today, Friday afternoon. Amazing, really.

6. charleyj10

charleyj10 TS Member

I ordered Federal Premium plastic from Brownell's on a sale. Very quick delivery, very reasonable shipping charge, I am looking for another sale!

Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.