1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Good example of arming an ex-soldier

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by crusha, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

Boy, I sure am glad Gene Nosco's plan (Gene777 - Nosco Law Firm, Waukee, Iowa)for forced Military service can fix all our problems...maybe it can work the wonders it did for this guy.

And just think how much better the military will be, after we fill it up with people who don't really want to be there!

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Don't foget John Allen Muhammad - The DC-Sniper.

...Yet another in the long list of suitable gun owners according to our own war hero, Chesty Jr.

Regards from Xanax,

Gary

3. oz

oz Active Member

universal militery service??? do you mean the DRAFT? The killer in newtown, ct wanted to go in the military...

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Buzz Gun I know you are afraid of service but I dont want to plug the airwaves so let me just say this

1. You know I said universal service and included like a civilian work corps which actually could mean construction, could mean working in Federal Agency , could mean ...

2. Common basic training to teach respect and teamwork and mix elements of society

3. Benefits after service to include educational benefits - those that had more dangerous jobs would get a little higher benefit plan

4. You could and in most cases leave with a skill and the value of teamwork and a vision of what and who other members of society are

5. The rich would be pulled from their lofty pulpits and the poor lifted up with a vision of America they had not seen

6. There would be a commonality amoung people as there is in Switzerland and Israel

7. We would find jobs in this even for the handicapped-

8. I would personally make the right to vote contingent on this service

9. There could be very easy provisions to put this off for 2-4 years

10. You would be as an adult, pulled away from the normal seclusion of your family or your neighborhood and screened and treated for physical or mental conditions that existed.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

5. JT 27

JT 27 Member

Gene,

#5 Not accurate, I was listed with the Draft during Viet Nam. Several of my very wealthy class mates avoided the draft due to influence. My maternal uncle was drafted during WW2, he left home for 6 weeks, spent 3+ years in the Navy, living at my grandmothers mansion, the family was quite wealthy.

Problem today, very diminished mental health programs in the military and society in general.

My 2 sons would have benefitted greatly with military service. They grew up with their mother due to divorce and had zero discipline and responsibility. They are both rudderless ships in their fifties

6. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

From the 1936 CONSTITUTION OF THE USSR;
    ARTICLE 132. Universal military service is law. Military service in the Workers' and Peasants' Red Army is an honorable duty of the citizens of the U.S.S.R.

7. ORG

ORG Member

Buzz-gun, the military draft was authorized in 1940, and in place until 1973. I believe that time frame covers WW2, the Korean conflict, and Vietnam. If you are implying that draftees were less intelligent than enlistees, or didn't serve their country with honor, or weren't good soldiers, you are sadly mistaken. Apologize. Now.
    US Army, draftee, 1970-72.

8. crusha

crusha TS Member

ORG,

You will get no apology from me, because I don't owe you one. Posting the above link was not pointed at you, and was no insult to you, or anyone else. It simply pointed out one example where Gene's idea of Military service correcting all society's ills didn't work out the way he seems to think.

But it did serve one useful purpose, and that was "outing" Gene as an outspoken advocate of the social-engineering welfare state. Go back and read his list of points. Does that sound like a free country to you?

I am of the belief that the military is not supposed to be a social work program. It's supposed to be made up of people who believe in what they do, who are the best at doing it, and actually _want_ to be there. Its job is to be the best fighting force in the world, and protect our nation. Conducting the equivalent of a nationwide "forced busing program," filling it up with people who don't want to be there, and making it into a screening filter for all of society's misfits as envisioned by Gene, is not its purpose, and is irresponsible and dangerous.

9. g7777777

Buzz Gun is the typical "taker" He wants others to earn and protect his "right"s

Buzz Gun got turned down by the military for some reason supposedly or at least that is what he claims.

Somehow that has shaped his value beliefs.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

PS- there is obviously something wrong in the US- and when the majority of voters - over 50 percent dont pay taxes and we have dropped to 35th in the world in education one can see the inbalance that has occurred

There are now two americas- and if we dont figure out how to stop the decline and bring them back together than we will continue to spiral downward--- if you want to call any solution social engineering than I guess that is what you call it

10. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

I agree with Gene on many of his numbers and one in particular that should be mandatory, all persons when graduating high school or when reaching the age of 18 must serve in the military for 2 years,
    there will be no exceptions if you want to remain a citizen of the US with all benefits one of which is the right to vote. Lee

11. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Hey Gene does volunteering for the Peace Corps count?

I have known quit a few people including a female cousin of mine that did, it was a mind altering event, they stayed high on drugs in the host country for a couple years or how ever long the stint is

12. crusha

crusha TS Member

You can always tell when you've gotten the upper hand in a discussion with Gene about his half-baked silly ideas: he starts making stuff up.

Personally, Gene, I think anybody who makes a living off suing the U.S. taxpayer, has a lot of nerve to call anybody else a "taker." In fact, it sounds to me like I pay your paycheck. So if you don't mind, I'll just add your name to the list of Government teat-suckers who my taxes are supporting...(right next to the fat Obama Phone lady in Cleveland).

13. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

"You can always tell when you've gotten the upper hand in a discussion with Gene about his half-baked silly ideas: he starts making stuff up."

Yep, you got that right. Then his topic switches from the subject to trying to degrade the opposition with fabricated lies and just outright bullish!t. Of course he's an attorney and that's what they do. I should know, my brother is an attorney.

14. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

This is not a subject that has a hard science solution, like an alegbraic equation. When I was of that age many of my peer group got drafted for 'nam. Some did not come back, GOD rest their souls. Most who came back were better men than when they left.

Of the bunch of street thugs I ran around with, many of them were allowed to join the service to avoid jail time and criminal records by civil judges. Most of them came back as mature men. A couple came home even more nuts than they were originally. Of all my thug buddies that didn't have military service, they stayed thugs. Every town I have lived in has trouble with low lifes. Look at them good, they are not all 17, some of those 17 year old thugs are now 47 year old thugs.

I believe, at least before the accomodation of the queers and women in combat ranks, the military was a last ditch chance for a lot of people to receive the discipline they needed to grow into responsible adults.

Many people will be slipping into Church this week, say a prayer for our soldiers and country.

15. 548

548 Guest

Just say a prayer for the soldiers who aren't queer though, right Leo?

16. john ellis

john ellis Member

I have served in the army for over 20+ years. the best crew chief and door gunner I had in vietnam were draftees. they did there duty--very well--and went home. they can be proud of their service. the draft was not all bad.

17. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

That is crap 548. But I'll even say a prayer for you.

18. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Truth is that the military is now far too technical to make any use of short-term draftees. The days of drafting rifle toters is over. There's a reason that you can't enlist for 2 years, it's because you would be worthless to the military except maybe to pick up trash.

19. g7777777

John Galt - is there any subject that you truly are clueless on that you wont share that knowledge with others?

you say-- "There's a reason that you can't enlist for 2 years, it's because you would be worthless to the military except maybe to pick up trash."

I am sorry to say you can still enlist for 2 years active but you have never been able to just enlist for 2 years, in my memory- proving once again that you dont have a clue

Everyone now has a universal service obligation of 8 years once you enter or are conscripted( which we currently arent doing)

An infantry man is an infantry man- but what is open varies month to month and year to year for those lesser options of active duty

Stick to what you know- and I certainly havent figured that out yet

But in the spirit of the holidays I want to apoligize for any rude remarks I have made towards you

Regards from Iowa

Gene

20. Herb Roach

Herb Roach Member

Gene, how did rich people get rich?? What do you mean by commonality?? Communism? Do we lift up the poor by making all people poor? Your post is a little murky. By the way, I am military retired, and from my experience, when the volunteer and draftee were standing side by side in dungarees, it was difficult to tell them apart. You can thank the draftees for saving all of your collective asses during WWII. Herb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.