1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Good Eating Places Around IL State Shoot

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by WoodsonEnt, May 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Going to the Illinois State Shoot for the first time this year. I am staying in Litchfield. What are some good eating establishments around Brittany Shooting Park?

2. RLC323

RLC323 Member

The Ariston in Litchfield on old 66 would rank number one in my opinion. Website with history and menu above. Always a crowd there during the shoot, actually there is almost always a crowd there.

A bit cheaper is the Maverick steak house, pretty good food and the buffet- salad bar comes with the steak dinner so if you are hungry when you leave it is your fault.

Jubelts has an excellent breakfast.

I hope Barry Roach will weigh in here with his picks, as he is from the area and I am sure knows of some I do not.

3. Don S

Don S Member

I like Ruby Tuesday in Litchfield. Try El Rancherito also in Litchfield for good Mexican food.

4. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Thanks for the replies so far

5. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Fast Eddie's in Alton

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

There's a little "farmer" cafe just south from the Ariston called the 66 Cafe. My dad eats there about 3 times a week. Just good ol' American fare but tasty. The pies are fabulous. I recommend it for breakfast too. Cheap and good.

The Ariston is MY favorite. The Adam family really knows how to do it. Nice variety on the menu and good desserts.

There's more folks who would know more than I. I haven't lived in Litchfield for a long time. I do have some favorites elsewhere though.

Geno's 140 Club in Bethalto. I think they have an ad in our program.

Tony's Steak House in old downtown Alton near the Flour Mill. I love their pepper steak and it's their specialty.

The Moonlight's good but I don't know how to tell you how to get there. Italian, broasted chicken and steaks. Under new management and I haven't heard if they're better or worse. It was always good in the past. I'll try to get more info later.

Bella Millano in Edwardsville on Highway 157 as your leaving Eville to the south. My favorite in Eville serving Italian, steaks and seafood.

If you like sushi they's Wasabi in Edwardsville East of the Library. Very good.

I had Chinese with dad the other day in Litchfield. It's a buffet but really nice. Unbelievable selection. Its out on the road to WallyWorld. Dad liked it especially because there's a huge selection of desserts and soft serve ice cream.

Downtown Edwardsville, just north of the courthouse, there is The Sacred Grounds. An old Bohemian style coffee house. Better than Starbuck's and good dessert cakes and other.

South of Eville, on 159, in the shopping district is Buffalo Wild Wings and Sports Bar, a new Chinese (don't know the name, it's brand new and not been there yet).

There are several other restaurants in that area too.

South of Bella Milano's is an Imo's pizza, and across the road are several more restaurants to choose from. Sonic, Wendy's, another Chinese restaurant, The Bull and Bear (I think that's the name, I know there's a Bull in there). There's a BBQ joint in there too.

Just south of that area is the Pasta House Company and Shenanegan's ( a sports bar and grill )

I'll try to get some phone numbers and more restaurants later. It's a start.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.