1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

good deals on rem 28ga and 410 hulls?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeet_man, Jan 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Anyone have any good deals on rem 28ga and 410 hulls? I can buy as many once fired as I can handle locally for 10c each, so you'll have to be able to beat that including shipping. I'll buy STS or Remington Premier (the older light green hulls). I'll even buy RXP hulls for the right price (the ones that were light green and ribbed (predated Premier) or blue). Will also consider multifired for the right price, just trying to build my inventory of hulls back up.

2. Landshark

Landshark Member

I lust listed 460 STS 28 ga hulls (once fired). Priced at .10 cents each plus $10 shipping. wallprop05@yahoo.com

3. skeet_man

4. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

FWIW....the Rem STS 410 and 28's are probably THE shortest lived hulls out there right now. After 2 firings the ends start burning off or turning inward. The WW AA HS hulls are a far better value....OVER THE LONG RUN. They will last well into a dozen loads. With the demise of hulls listed on E Bay it IS tough to find them. Look over on ShotGunWorld Forums, in the for sale posts.

FN

5. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I second that notion. I used to shot STS's but I always sold the emptys on E-bay. The HS Winchester is the only way to go. I have some that I loaded over 20 times and they still look better then a 4 time fired STS 28ga hull. Those STS hulls burn and get crispy at the ends pretty easy. Jeff

6. skeet_man

I'm pretty heavily invested in STS hulls and supplies right now, plus my presses are all setup to reload STS, so I won't be changing for a while.

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I bascically load whatever smallbores I can scrounge. I am not trying to be a wiseacre, but there is no way I would sell even Estate 28's for what I could get for that dime including shipping.

I load Wolf, Rio, Estate, Fed, Remmie, Winnie, WHATEVER. The 28 is magic, and is worth the extra trouble and expense to shoot. This IS the most delightful of all gauges to shoot at Skeet. Yes, I am a Skeetie Muffin. LOL

8. Landshark

Landshark Member

I just in some once fired 28 Ga Win HS hulls. I need to count them, but it should be 150+.

I still have 300 of the STS 28 ga once fired hulls for .10 and I'll lower the shipping to $7 and throw in 100-150 once fired STS .410 hulls to boot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.