1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Good Deal ?????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tonygrz, Sep 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonygrz

tonygrz TS Member

Went dove hunting is morning with some guys I hadn't met before. The guy next to me was missing way more than he hit and was complaining about his gun. He was so mad that he said "I sell this POS to anyone with $250". So I bought it and found out why he was missing so many dove.

The gun was a Winchester Super X-1 trap. It has a 30 inch double bead barrel and full choke. The stock is straight. The guy was complaining about the gun kicking so hard. The pad was dried up solid. The blueing is about 85% with wear under the action. The stock is also about 85% but no cracks or gouges. It does need a new pad and a very good cleaning.

So how did I do??? The serial number is M109XX. Can anyone tell me when it was made???

Thanks for your replies.

Tony G

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

sounds like you made out OK. You probably have @ least a $500 gun

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Super x trap was a very good gun. You made a good deal.

4. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

If I were you I would at least replace the recoil buffer and check out the springs. After that, you should be ready to go.

5. tonygrz

tonygrz TS Member

Thanks for the replies. Plan to put a new pad on it and have a local gunsmith check it out.

BTW, can anyone give me an approximate manufactor date from the serial number?

Tony G.

6. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

No such records exsist for the sx-1. That said... approx 1978. Jeff

7. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Congrats Tony.....I've taken advantage of a dumb ass Dove hunter or two also! God bless them!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.