1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Good day

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by neofight, Aug 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neofight

neofight TS Member

Drove up the coast for 1-1/2 hrs(Southern Oregon coast) to Port Orford with a buddy and fellow shooter, one with infinitely more experince than i for a morning shoot. It's a small club, only 30 members, 2 traps and only one in service, but a nice setting in the woods. I started shooting here about 4 months ago and while i have a local club, i keep getting drawn back to where i started shooting.

Bright sun, light breeze with occasional bursts of wind always make it interesting as the birds fall from flight when least expected. It's always the same small group of shooters, myself, Bob, Bill and Dave, almost a full squad, but we have a good time, in spite of our meager numbers.

I'm a true bumbletard beginner, shooting in the high teens, low 20's, but getting better as i close in on the perfect 25. Shot a 90 today, one of my best days, so feeling okay. Buddy Dave made an adjustment on his comb and started shooting mucho better after suffering much angst the last couple trips.The ocean was looking much better as we worked our way South towards home in Brookings, making me wish my stupid boat motor had not failed me right in the middle of Tuna season. This was my day, that's my story and i am standing by it Gun cleaned, gear stored, reloaded 100 rounds,had a nice Salmon dinner .Life is good.

2. TC

TC TS Member

Doesn't get much better. Enjoy every minute you can. Tony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.