1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Good cleaning rod ??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by atadams77, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atadams77

atadams77 Member

I am looking for a good shotgun (12g) cleaning rod. Would prefer something decent quality, wont damage my barrels, and long enough for a 34" trap gun. I have been looking at the many choices of Rosewood rods out there, they look nice. But they also mention English threads..? my old one is aluminum, ancient and the threads are close to gone.

Just looking for suggestions. Thanks!

2. philk

philk Member

Dewey makes good stuff. Proshot too.

3. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

I use a 5/8" wooden dowel rod (lowes/homepot) less than 4 dollars and the plastic knob from the handle on a hornady 366 $3.80 shipping. The knob threads right onto the dowel,I also use paper towels for the bore cleaning. Last forever and will not harm anything.

4. RoadKingPerazzi

RoadKingPerazzi Member

Just what Space Gun said. Use wooden dowel rods and paper towels. I drill a hole in the end and thread the brush into the 48" dowel - has not come out in years. If I want to replace the brush, I just screw a new one in.

Shove paper towels in the barrel and use the other end of the dowel to push them out. No chance of damaging a barrel.

Use smaller rods for small gauges

5. coveybuster

coveybuster Member

I like the Pro-Shot stuff.

6. MAL-53

MAL-53 Member

I`ve been using the two piece tico tool for years,, no problems, they work great ML

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

rosewood cleaning rod shotgun