1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Good Camera For Less Than 5 Ben's?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by WoodsonEnt, Jul 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Good Camera For Less Than 5 Ben

For some reason, I have been thinking about doing some photography. Don't know why, but has me interested. I feel like my life is slipping away, and I don't have any pics to show the good times. For you serious photogs, what is a good camera for less than $500? Also, I would prefer something compact to travel with and take hunting. Thanks for the help!

Matt

2. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

I shoot 2 NIkon Pro DSLR's but they aren't the kind of camera's I'd take hunting or on vacation --- to big and to expensive.

Canon makes the best camera's for what you're describing and they have a bunch of them in their PowerShot line which they are constantly updating.

The one I like the best is the Canon PowerShot SX230 (about $300) or maybe the more expensive PowerShot S95 at close toe $400 (a lot of Pro's choice for a pocket camera) --- do Google search and read about them -- the SX230 is an amazing camera for the price.

Remember the best camera in the world is useless if you don't have it with you when that "special" moment happens.

NOTE: Canon also makes a really nice camera that is waterproof to at least 8' down and drop-proof from about 6' above ground -- can't recall the model number but again, Google will find out for you.

3. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Check out a Nikon D3000.

You can get with 18-55 lens in the $400 range and can get a combo with 70-200 for around $550-$600.

Can do anything with a set-up like this. It's a small, light 10mp SLR and versatile and expandable.

SW

4. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

The camera class I took last fall was dominated by Canon's and then by Nikon's.

5. Hal1225

Hal1225 Member

I got a nice Kodak EasyShare C433 at GoodWill for $5.00 a 4MP with 36-108 mm and 3x opt Zoom and it took great pics at my wife's mothers funeral. I have a Cannon Power Shot too. Left it home.

Harry

6. rrose

rrose TS Member

Matt
    Check this out if you want a great camera that will do it all.
    You can get it for 400 at B&H. I had the earlier version and could not be happier, lost it is divorce. Bought a Canon Rebel SLR and have never used it as I liked the Lumox better, easier to use and much more versital as well as smaller and lighter. Has Leica lens so the clearity is great.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ100 Digital Camera

Good luck shooting, clays and pics. randy rose KY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.