1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Good bye to Scott Sportsmen's Club

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sshotshell, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sshotshell

sshotshell Member

Good bye to Scott Sportsmen

A fond good bye to the Scott Sportsmen's Club located in Scott/Homer, NY. You will be missed.

Like a lot of small trap and skeet clubs, it had to close it's doors. A handfull of active members, willing to volunteer their time and energy, was not enough to save their club. Don't forget paying dues isn't all there is to being a good club member. Let this be a warning to all the small clubs out there. Get involved in maintaining your shooting clubs health. Try to support, not only your own club,but other nearby clubs by shooting a few rounds of trap/skeet at there facilities too.

Jerry P. Felice
    Solon Sportsmen's Club
    Solon, NY

2. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

I recently shot there for the first (and Last) time in the Federation League. I had an enjoyable day.It is a shame to see a gun club close. I know a lot of the menbers and they woked hard to keep the club going. With the economic conditions today all the loacl clubs are down on shooters.

3. sshotshell

sshotshell Member

The Federation shoots are a lot of fun. It's mostly shooting for club bragging rights. If I haven't seen you yet, I hope you'll be at Solon Sunday and the shoot-off at McGraw.
    At either of them, I'll be one of the members scoring, loading the trap or generaly helping out. I've been a member of each of them for nine years.

Jerry P. Felice

4. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

I will be there Sunday and at the Shootoff. Looking forward to shooting there. I heard the electric went out last night around Solon.

5. sshotshell

sshotshell Member

Yes, the power went out for about 2Hrs. A tree decided to fall in the woods and took down the power lines with it. It also blocked the road leading to Rt.41. True to form, the President of the McGraw club(Gary Davis) and I made a panic run to Cortland to get a generator. We were back in opperation and finished up the last few squads. I even got to shoot. I shot a 47 which was a lot better then the 40 I shot at Scott!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

homer ny sportsmen club

homer sportsmans club ny