1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Good Bye NY

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blizzard, May 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Just wanted to say Good Bye and Good Luck to all of my friends in Western New York. It was a pleasure shooting with and getting to know you all. I will be making my way to Idaho, starting out tomorrow AM. Best of luck to ALL of the shooting clubs in WNY and everywhere else. Keep the faith and fight the good fight.

Looking forward to shooting out west,

Brett D. - Five point Rod and Gun.

2. Wyogoose

Wyogoose TS Member

Welcome to the West. You do have the madatory 2 battle rifles apiece with 50,000 and 40 mags for each rifle, eh?????? Hahahaha! Lots of good people in Idaho. Where are you headed?

3. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

LOL. Thanks. Idaho Falls.

4. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

five points like seneca falls five points?? Good luck I'm envious

5. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Blizzard, can you stop off in Indiana and take me with you? It should be on your way.

6. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Been in Iowa for a few hours now. Did 800mi. today. Whew, pretty damn tired.- Comfort Inn in La Claire, IA is
    fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!! I highly reccomend.

Leavin' in the AM for Cody.
    Brett D.

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    If you visit Portland, let me know and we'll try to shoot some trap together.<br>
    <br>
    I hope you're going to take an entire day to go through the Buffalo Bill Firearms Museum in Cody.<br>
    <br>
    Are you traveling through Yellowstone? Or will you save that for a future vacation?

8. Old Confederate

Old Confederate TS Member

Brian in Oregon. Take a day to see the Firearms Museum in Cody. I must be extra slow. I spent 3 dys. there and don't think I saw it all. I really enjoyed the museum and the town of Cody. Also shot skeet and sporting clays. Nice club and nice people. Larry

9. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

In SD for the night. Going to Cody in the AM. Will be traveling through Yellowstone. I'm sure that I'll end up back in Cody at a later date. I have two sons ages 4 and 1, so there's a lot of family vacationing left to do. Man this is a lot of driving !

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Pdogs want some of that .243 you got from me.

(I just got back from SD, had a great time.)

Wide open spaces are quite addictive.

Have fun. Take lots of pics, kids will talk about it in later years. My kids are grown and we still enjoy the pics from vacations.

HM

11. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Bliz; travel safely, and I hope all goes well for you.

12. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Holy crap!- Way to go Tom!!!!!!! Yes, I am doing CWI stuff. Thanks for your advice Ron. Moving over to inspection is one of the better moves I ever made.

Thanks Pman.

I want to go p-dog hunting something awful. Today I drove from Murdo,SD to Bighorn Ntl. forest, then through Cody, then through Yellowstone, then through Teton, and on into Idaho Falls. Took about 18 hrs. Good Night !!!!!!!!

13. Wyogoose

Wyogoose TS Member

Be sure to run down to the Pocotello club. Have heard nothing but good about them. Good to hear ya made it safe. Pretty country where you're at though. Good surplus store and probably won't take you long to get hooked on Melaleuca either. A good day trip is just over the hill to Jackson. A little on the spendy side but fun for an eastern family new to the West. Hope I can shoot a round and have beer with you.

14. Rich V.

Rich V. Member

Brett... going to miss you out at 5Point! Have a safe trip and keep in touch!

Rich V...

15. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Just in time to shoot at Butte the weekend of the 6th and 7th. They call it the copper city classic. A nicer bunch of guys you won't find and there will be lots of Idaho shooters there. Come on up and shoot. Tell them Rick sent you.

Rick in Mt.

16. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Brett,

When you recover from your trip come in to the Pocatello Trap Club and introduce yourself. We are open Sunday afternoons and Wednesdays at 5 PM. To get there just come down I-15 to I-86, take the Airport Exit 56, turn towards the terminal, and turn right on Fortress. Fortress ends at our parking lot.

We just finished the Idaho State Shoot Monday, and have our next ATA shoot in a few weeks.

As Rick says, the Butte shoots are always good. It's about 200 miles north for you on I-15. Turn east at I-90. I don't remember the exit number, but it's about the third exit after you get on to I-90. Follow the signs to the airport and Montana Tech. The club is about four miles south of the freeway on your left side, a little past the airport and cemetery - impossible to miss.

If I remember correctly Dillon has a shoot in June also. Dillon is about 140 miles north on I-15, and has another great bunch of people.

Larry Ford

17. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Thanks guys. Just got internet hooked up in the new digs.

Rich- I'll miss shooting with you. See you busted another 50 a couple of weeks back, must be back to your old self.

Thanks for the shooting invites. It'll be a little while before I can get to the Idaho clubs. Family hits the road tomorrow to join me. Then the truck will be here with all of our stuff, and the new job is just nuts. I am itching to shoot though................

Brett D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.