1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Good begginers gun??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by erik_calhoun, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erik_calhoun

erik_calhoun TS Member

i was thinking about buying my 13 year old son a K-80 combo. I have heard good things about them.

2. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

if ya got money to burn...sure, why not. Great gun.

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I personally think that to be very foolish...get him a Micro BT99..there is a used BT99Plus Micro for a young shooter on another thread...you'll be glad you only spent $1500 when his attention is focused more on young ladies than trapshooting and you are sitting there with a 12K dust collector

4. winselect

winselect TS Member

I personally think its very foolish to spend that much on either gun when you can get a 3901RL for 850.00 and they have proven themselves to be the best begginer gun there is. Then your not stuck with a single shot either.

5. erik_calhoun

erik_calhoun TS Member

well i mean i have already bought him the plus but it doesn't really fit him nor does he like it. and he really likes the k-80 over and under so thought what the heck why not by him a combo. it is a little expensive but i think i can afford a 19 thousand dollar gun.

6. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

Mmmhmm.

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Why don't you buy me one then...I'll give you back 50% of my net winnings, including all trophies made out of pine cones

8. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

erik_calhoun

there is a K-32 combo in the link above with K-80 wood that would be good for a bigginer.

It belongs to a friend

Fog

9. ec90t

ec90t Guest

How deep is the water in this lake?

ec90t

10. erik_calhoun

erik_calhoun TS Member

definitely not the baby pool!! but seriously i need to sell my truck soon to get my kid what he wants.

11. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

That gun should not cost you that much. It should be around 12,000.

12. stevea

stevea TS Member

i understand what your saying i bought my son a kx-5. then he wanted to shoot doubles so i bought him a k-80. hes been shooting that for about 6 months, and now he wants a seitz so i figured what the hell. so were going to get him one might as well get him whatever he wants. who wants to buy my house so my kid can shoot trap.

13. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a> <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a> <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a> <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a> <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

That says it all.......

Jerbear

14. stevea

stevea TS Member

jerbear thats hilarious. i dont know wher you come up with them things

15. lumper

lumper TS Member

Buy him a Stoeger and tell him it's a K80 ... heck he's your kid so he should believe it unless his mother picked a different father for him.

The bait has been thrown upon the water.

16. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Lumper

Your momma says, "Google is your Friend!"

17. lumper

lumper TS Member

Mr Quack Shoot, my momma said you were an a-hole but I told her she was wrong. My momma was wrong right?

18. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Hey Clumper, you can always believe your momma, even if she is wrong. Remember she swings a big frying pan hard enough to send you back before you were born. So who's your daddy?

19. lumper

lumper TS Member

I dont know who my daddy is or my real mom is either I was adopted and I think my mom might have been correct this time.

20. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

I think you should get him a Fabbri. Fly to Bresha and have it custom fitted. You want to make sure he starts with a gun that does not limit his potential. You could also opt for one of the English guns. I think Boss makes a pretty nice O/U. Good luck. Jake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.