1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Good Articals In This Months TrapShooting USA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ed Y, Feb 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Try to read the articals about Stu Wright's gunsmithing career and Susan Natrass's trapshooting career. I found them really good reading. Not only is Susan a great shot but she's still HOT.

Ed Yanchok

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

dirty old man

3. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Just stating the facts. I don't think that anyone would argue with me.

Ed Yanchok

4. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

No wonder you spelled it "artical"; thinking of Susan? It's "article", but then you would not have thought of Susan.

5. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

One year at the Grand I ended up shooting next to Susan Natress in a singles program. Her stepping foreward to shoot and back one step after firing would drive you nuts if you were paying attention to her. That's her style and her scores left little to be desired. Wish mine were that high that day.

Big Jack

6. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Big Jack, maybe you oughta take a step forward too? :) Hap

7. RV4driver

RV4driver TS Member

I usually get aggravated over the over-technical articles by one particular writer. This edition, I glossed over the multi-lined and multi-colored graphs, and just went for the gist of the article. It referred to crosswind effect of shot as opposed to the clay. Hard to believe the shot would be affected that much in that amount of time, relative to the clay. Then I went out to the the trap range on Saturday. HOWLING crosswind. I figured what the heck, I got almost no chance at a decent score anyway, and the pattern board (my initial goal) was hopeless. Shooting a couple of rounds of singles, I just fired at the bird on hard rights with that howling left wind, and the bas%&$ds broke! I would have normally used a pretty good lead on those, and just shooting at them like a straightaway from station 3 smoked them!
    I'd like to point out though, that I DIDN'T read the "graphs" etc. as it would have most likely confused the heck out of me. God save us from engineers.
    It IS possible to over-think this stuff.

Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.