1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Good 22 rifle inexpensive please

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by wpairishshot, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wpairishshot

wpairishshot Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Hoping to find a good inexpensive 22 rifle for the grandkids to get started on. Maybe one with a scope combo if possible. Send me a reply or PM and let me know what you have. Thanks. Hopefully a bolt action.

2. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

While not really in-expensive @ $300, you can't go wrong with a lever action Henry .22

3. TRAINWRECK

TRAINWRECK TS Member

0   0   0

Look for a marlin model 60. Its a semiauto, they are very good shooters, groves for scope rings and around 100.00 used.

4. shadow

shadow Active Member

0   0   0

Might be better you you teach them to shoot without that scope---for now at least.

5. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Check out Gander Mountain on line.

They have a bolt action single shot youth model in black or pink. Ideal for new young shooters.

It is on sale for $100.00.

Later after they have devleoped some skill and still have the interest, move them up to something more expense and caple of firing more rounds without reloading.

There are better single shots for more money, but this will give you a pint of reference.

The item numbers are GM416108 and GM416400

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Just go to your local pawn shops with $100 bucks in your pocket...look at everything they got and make a reasonable offer on a real nice one ..you'll walk out with it...they always have a bunch of nice little bolt guns like the Savages or Marlins

7. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

0   0   0

Find yourself a good used Remington 510 bolt action,put on a tasco scope and just keep shooting till you run out of bullets. I got one when I was 15,still shooting it today and I am 64,never a break-down.You can find them on the used racks for 75-100$. Good luck with what ever you buy..Ray

8. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

0   0   0

Find yourself a good used Remington 510 bolt action,put on a tasco scope and just keep shooting till you run out of bullets. I got one when I was 15,still shooting it today and I am 64,never a break-down.You can find them on the used racks for 75-100$. Good luck with what ever you buy..Ray

9. GW22

GW22 Active Member

0   0   0

I taught my sons to shoot with a tiny single-shot Chipmunk and they later graduated to a Marlin 25N. Both are safe, inexpensive, reliable training rifles. Lots of fun.

-Gary

10. crusha

crusha TS Member

0   0   0

Another vote for the Henry lever-actions. They also make a very nice pump-action that's reminiscent of the heirloom quality pump action classics from Winchester and Remington.

11. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

0   0   0

At a club swap meet many moons ago, I bought an Armscor Bingham Squire... for like $25... the owner thought it was a POS... with a cheap phillipine mahogany stock, but turned out to be a reliable and most accurate little .22lr with iron sights and a stick mag... keeping mine.

Brand new they are now $150... still cheap phillipine mahogany stocks - M20 is the model I think...

Armscor, based in the Phillipines imports to RIA and others...

Jay

12. wpairishshot

wpairishshot Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Just wanted to say thanks for all the responses, and if you sent me a PM I just replied to them about an hour ago. I have no doubt about the Henry rifle as being something great, but I am going to teach the kid(s) to shoot one at a time, with a bolt action. If they want to get lever or pump actions later, that will be their call. I keep hearing from older guys that I ought to be able to buy one of these for $50 or $75, but everywhere I look they are at least twice that much. I guess the reason why some are getting rid of them is they have been neglected. Pits and surface rust. I would think if they were in a gun shop on the "for sale" rack they would at least take a minute, take some steel wool or something and clean the darn things up! You definitely dont see trap guns let go the way these ones were! Oh yeah guys, I am still looking!
    Thanks a bunch!

13. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Many years ago, I purchased a Anschutz Woodchucker youth rifle from Roy Knight's Custom guns in Connersville, In. Roy let me pick out the best wood he had in stock.

I wanted a good, accurate single shot to teach my sons to shoot with.

It has a 5 shot clip, but I never installed the clip, and used it as a one-at-a-time shooter.

It didn't see much action, as they soon went to a larger rifle, so I tucked it away for safe keeping.

I'll never sell it!

Danny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.