1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Golf or Trap?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by JACK, Sep 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

[​IMG]

2. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I was think what a stupid question and I was going to make a smart a$$ remark, but after seeing your post. NOT A BAD IDEA. Wonder if I could get away with it on the course? LOL

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

At a club I shoot at ( one of many) we actually shoot golf balls and they go farther than you can drive them. It is quite a lot of fun

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

No excitement in shooting at golf balls, you would be hard pressed to tell if you even hit it. The golf ball does not react to a hit by your shot pattern. HMB

5. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

HMB..Your dreaming! We had a member that would bring all his scrap balls out and chip them across the line for shooters to practice on. Hit one square and you will drive it farther then you will believe. Chep practice and everyone had fun.

Big Jack

6. The Stive

The Stive Member

I gave up on golf a long time ago. Too many people trying to help and I was doing every thing wrong. Not having any fun. Now it is trap for me and once
    in a while a little skeet. John

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

[I gave up on golf a long time ago. Too many people trying to help and I was doing every thing wrong. Not having any fun. Now it is trap for me and once in a while a little skeet. John ]

Uhhh, John, Golf sounds like Trap... lol

8. 1atatime

1atatime TS Member

I think the only way one can hit a golf ball with a shotgun is if the ball is hand tossed or someone is a good enough golfer to hit VERY soft lob shots.

A few years ago at a sporting clays range I hit a few golf balls with 9 irons and wedges (fairly soft shots), and the shooters tried to shoot them. The balls travelled too far too fast to allow even the better shooters to hit them. The also rose to substantial heights very quickly. Even if they did hit 'em, we couldn't tell.

9. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

I cuss much more playing golf. Throw a golf ball straight up in the air and shoot it about 6 feet from the barrel. If the ball is a solid ball (range ball) it will be reduced to a cloud. You have to hit it square on. Baseballs are fun also, and hedge balls (they get your gun messy at times.), buckeyes,.......

10. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

The only use I can think of for a golf ball is to shoot it.

Robert

11. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

If I could only shoot my golf scores and golf my trap scores!

12. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

Lots of 25's in trap but never an 18 in golf.

13. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

Never actually thought of golf & trapshooting at the same time, until about a month ago. I had just finished taking a 2-day instructional clinic, taught by Harlan Campbell.

At the conclusion of the clinic, I asked him... "You've seen me shoot singles, handicap & doubles for the past two days. Harlan - is there any advise you could give me to improve my shooting prowess" ?

His reply........."Take up golf" !!

Joking.........of course. The man is a phenomenal instructor, and is very encouraging toward his students. If you ever get the opportunity, I highly recommend his clinic.

14. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

You must mean this??????

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MApJnyk1PV8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MApJnyk1PV8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Hahaha.... enjoy.

Jerbear

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.