Trapshooters Forum banner

Golf glove for shooting

16K views 44 replies 36 participants last post by  Dave P 
#1 ·
Some time back there was a discussion on what gloves to get
for shooting and I have lost this info. Reccomendations?

#6 ·
In the past, I've gone to sporting goods stores and bought baseball batter's gloves. They are light enough, and are usually cheaper than buying regular shooting gloves. I haven't bought one recently, so I don't know the costs, or even if you can still buy just one.

Steve

#9 ·
In the warmer months I like to wear golf gloves on both hands, no sweating, better purchase on the gun especially the trigger hand. I am right handed shoot release and cut the trigger finger off the glove. I like the feel when I set the release, seems to work for me. Also a benefit when shooting doubles above 90 degrees, hot gun, no sweaty hands, better control = better scores for me. Scott

#10 ·
I've tried them all and the batting gloves are the best value for the money.
I have these UA ones right now and they are nearing 3 years old and I shoot a lot. I've never been able to get much more than a year from golf gloves.

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/mens-ua-clean-up-iv-batting-gloves/pid1229408

#14 ·
I'll hop in with a vote for batting gloves. I have been using them for years, but I do it a little different. I wait until the end of baseball season then buy them discounted for under 10 dollars.
Another OT is that I use weight lifting gloves for shooting my HP pistols. The padding in the palm helps take some of the sting out of the big guns.

#21 ·
Jon. that was a HOOT!

Gene and AP. Which one? There is about 10 on that page.

I cut the finger off for better release feel as Scott does, But this year I bought a new pair of BA winter gloves and will impregnate the trigger finger tip withe silicone to take the stickiness away. Might work, might not

#24 ·
I second the use of Master Grip gloves. They only make the thin summer kind, but they are good for a lot of winter shooting. Latest price was $11.95 for one glove, but you get a second one free. Get one for each hand and you have the pair. Shipping is $3, which covers one pair, or 20 pairs. Check them out at mggolf.com.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.