1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Golf carts & other vehicles at The Cardinal

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 1oldtimer, Jun 29, 2013.

1. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Way too much traffic of speeding carts & other vehicles behind the trap fields. I am surprised someone did not get run over with the high volume of speeding traffic. Hardly safe to walk!

Clyde

2. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

I've been saying that since year one...Someone is going to get killed....

3. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Maybe they need some speed bumps! You can't go 50 yards in my daughter's apartment complex without having to go over a speed bump. Mark

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

One almost got me!

5. everettjunior

everettjunior TS Member

They did a terrible job enforcing the rules. I saw several atvs and not just the side by sides. Was nearly hit twice by people in golf carts that looked maybe 12 years old. I hope actions are taken by next year to make it safer. They were even flying across the grass so you had to watch out walking even when you weren't on the regular path.

6. HDLLLIII

HDLLLIII Member

Ohio......nuff said

7. tincanman

tincanman Member

they were out-of-staters

8. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

everettjunior:

I looked over the program/rules and could not find any restriction prohibiting side by sides or atv's.....although there probably should be. Some of the s/s were as big as a automobile and really loud. Do you really need a diesel, air conditioned atv to get you to the trap line????? Lots of young kids racing through the parking lots after dark too. Remember: "Rules without enforcement are merely suggestions."

9. everettjunior

everettjunior TS Member

You are correct. All I could find was this

Motor bikes, skateboards, and bicycles are not permitted on the grounds until the last shot is f?ired in the regular program each day.

Golf cart drivers must be at least 16 years old with a valid driver’s license to operate a golf cart on the grounds at Cardinal Center. Reservations for weekly golf cart rentals should be made prior to the shoot. There will be daily golf cart rentals available- supply will be limited. Contact the Golf Cart Company 1-800-589-8833. The OSTA and Cardinal Center have the right to take away the privilege of using a rented or personal golf cart due to irresponsible use.

10. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I did notice it appeared someone was using a Smart Car as a golf cart. It looks like it was parked right behind one of the trap fields, in an area accessible to golf carts, but not cars.

11. pdq

pdq Member

I was out there for the recent Ohio state shoot.

I didn't see any problems. Yes, there were a lot of golf carts, ATVs, etc., but people were polite, made way for each other and operated safely.

I'm not sure what all this hub-bub is about -- not what I observed.

Pete

12. TjayE

TjayE Member

I agree that the golf carts should not run side-by-side and this should be made a rule.
    I also agree with Pete "pdq" and had no problems with the carts. In fact, I hopped a ride with one of the cart when I had to shoot on the far west end. Cart driver was very courteous. Did this several time through the week.

If there is going to be a continuous line of traffic with the golf carts, I suggest the Cardinal Center install a sidewalk for pedestrians/shooters.

Tom

13. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Saw a cart with three big ole boys make a U-turn from the grass right in front of Harlan, man his eyes got big! Good thing he has good reflexes and got to the brake quickly or there would have been a terrible crash. I lost track of how many times folks walked out into the roadway without looking. How have they lived so long?

14. DIXIE SPECIAL 25

DIXIE SPECIAL 25 Lifes too short not to shoot a K-80... TS Supporters

Ban all golf carts, atv's and scooters from all ata sanctioned events. Walking will do all trapshooters some good.

15. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Not close to Vandalia of years past.

I can still see those smoke belching Harley carts roaring down the road.

Worst thing about Cardinal is the congestion in certain areas.

Sparta seemed pretty good a few years ago with the cart path.

Regards....Gerald

16. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Active Member

I spent 5 days at CC and did not see all of these speeding carts. Yes there were some.

There are a lot of carts, but I think a lot of the near misses are because the pedestrians were walking around looking at their feet and walked in front of the carts.

Just my view of things.

Ron Burdick

17. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I agree with Dixie, ban all carts and motorized vehicles! Walking only!

If anyone thinks that written rules will increase common sense and more courteous drivers, just look around at your local roads and see that the laws are disregarded constantly.

Curt

18. Trap4

Trap4 Member

Golf cars, Atv's and Utv,s being driven where there are a lot of people walking, is just a accident waiting to happen.

Trap-4

19. guthooked

guthooked Member

Friend seen a cart sandwiched between two new trucks around bank 7. She thought she could make it through.

Some of those razors had loud exhaust pipes. I wish they would pave the strip behind the traps to kill the dust. John S.

20. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I've never seen any close calls at Cardinal, and i've been there since day one. I have witnessed ATV's going too fast in the parking lots, not on the line road. Marked pedestrian crossings every hundred yards or so would slow down the traffic if necessary.