1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Golf Carts at Sparta

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by todddietrich, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. todddietrich

todddietrich Active Member

Hello All,
    (New to Forum)

I just wanted to put out the word. Two weeks ago, during the AIM shoot in Sparta, a kid fell off of a golf cart and ended up in the ICU in St. Louis. I've got no problem with kids driving a golf cart, but through the parking lots at Sparta is probably not the place. I was told that the CPOs and State Troopers will write tickets to anyone under 16 driving golf carts, so please watch out.

regards,

Todd Dietrich
    Marissa, IL

2. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

This is a good thing. I know it's fun for a kid to drive a golf cart, but sometimes the maturity just isn't there and the driver and passenger ending up playing grab ass causing accidents.

Bryan

3. Aulovel5

Aulovel5 TS Member

I can drive my car to and from school at 14 but I can't drive my golf cart to the trap line from are camper.

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Drive your car at 14, get caught on public roads and you won't drive again until your 18 ... If you do, you could take a free ride to the county jail to keep you off of the roads ... Good Luck ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. Chadshot

Chadshot Member

14 year olds can legally drive a car on public roads to and from school events!! And no they won't get free ride to county jail.

6. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

14 year old driving cars? Where in Uganda? Under 16year old driving Golf carts? There's a liability issue also, the parents get to pick up the tab.

blade819

7. Chadshot

Chadshot Member

United States of America. School permits been going on for years

8. Chadshot

Chadshot Member

Never said they should be driving golf carts but perfectly legal to drive cars to and from school events

9. hfrogdogc

hfrogdogc Member

In what state is this legal? Henry

10. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

I believe that in the state of South Dakota a 14 yr old can get a driver's license.

11. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

The golf cart thing is out of control at the Grand. I'm not talking about the regular old pokey GOLF golf cart. Far too many souped up, high speed stuff running around without any regard for a speed limit or care for others. A speed limit is necessary and will help if enforced. With as many Illinois State Troopers are there, I would think they could make it a priority.

It's not just the kids there to shoot either. Every year since I've been there some of the squad sheet runners have nearly run me down. They go as fast as the golf cart will run on the concrete walkway and act as if that's what the walk is there for. Absolutely no regard for the shooters walking there.

Somebody needs to monitor the entire way the golf carts and other speed wagons are used.

12. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Chances are your insurance won't pay if there's an accident/problem where an unlicensed driver was operating the golf cart. Strict insurance rule here in Georgia at any shoot that you must be a licensed driver to operate any motorized vehicle. (golf cart, ATV, car, scooter etc)

13. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

It dont matter what state your from.... When you get to ILL you do as they say.

When in Rome.. Do as the Romans. or pay the price...

CHezxzzzzzzz

14. schneep

schneep Member

Maybe the 14 year old that drives should pay more attention in school and learn how to write english and learn how to spell!!

15. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

WesleyB, Have your $7 grand trapgun run over when a kid hits the rack, as I have with no apology by an uninsured grandpa letting his 10 year old grandson drive the cart at the Missouri State Shoot and you'll whistle a different tune. Has nothing to do with Illinois.

16. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Driving laws are written and enforced state by state and not on a national level. I don't know where Chadshot is from, but in no state I know can a 14 year old drive to school events legally. I would be curious to know where he lives and what the law is there.

As far as the golf cart issue, unlicensed drivers on our golf course must have a licinsed driver with them and be at least fifteen years old! Martinpicker

17. Donm

Donm Active Member

I know in Wi. no 14 year olds can drive to school or anywhere. And like others have said driving rules are by the state. It maybe leagal in a state some where but not in Illinois. So 16 it is. Live with it.

18. Chadshot

Chadshot Member

This is directly out of state of Nebraska license book. I was wrong he has to bw 14 years ande 2 months. I also believe Kansas is the same

School Permit (SCP)

A School Permit authorizes the holder to drive a motor vehicle, moped or motorcycle to and from where he or she attends school by the most direct and accessible route by the nearest highway from his or her place of residence if such person lives a distance of one and half miles or more from such school and either resides outside a city of the metropolitan, primary or first class (5,000 or more people) or attends a school which is outside a city of the metropolitan, primary, or first class (5,000 or more people). A school permit shall be used for the purpose of transporting such person or any family member who resides with such person to attend duly scheduled courses of instructions and extracurricular or school related activities at the school, and the holder of the permit may drive under the personal supervision of a licensed driver who is at least 21 years old. Must have held a LPE for 2 months prior to applying for SCP. Minimum age 14 years and 2 months

19. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

It does matter where you're from.....but you abide by the local laws no matter where you are. If you'll read the fine print on many insurance policies (provided you have insurance) and if an UNLICENSED driver operating YOUR cart is involved in an accident, most times it's an automatic "no pay".
    There's a reason drivers licenses are issued......after you pass the written, eye, hearing and driving test.

and if you don't have insurance....You'll surely "pay the price".

20. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Chadshot...next time you say United States, how about saying "Nebraska". Almost every State in the Country has learning permits at 15 or 16 driving with an adult.

blade819

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.