1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Golf Carts at Shoots

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by awbenz, May 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

I wonder if there are to many Golf Carts at Shoots. I here that all Sporting Clay Shooters have a Cart, I have never been to a Sporting Clay Shoot so I don't know. I have been to a Trap Shoot where I was told I couldn't use my cart. Some of us need them for health reasons and some use them so they don't have to walk and carry all there stuff.
    Is there a need for a DR. Disability Statement to be sent to your State or to the ATA to get a permit to use your Cart at Shoots as long as you don't get in the way of the employees that pick up score sheets ETC. Allen

2. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Different shoots - different rules. Check with those shoots you want to attend. It's in the program sometimes.

Don

3. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

At the Grand you can use anything but a four-wheeler, but you need proof of insurance, half a million $.

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

This is a subject that really needs to be standardized as much as possible...does your auto insurance apply??

5. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

Thank to all for keeping this thread positive. I am recovering from Heart repair and have a broken bone in my left foot that will be operated on at a later date. I to can walk but not far.
    No Cart, I'll have to go home. Allen

6. CalvinMD

Same here Allen...have had two heart attacks and an acute heart condition...I use my cart for all of the reasons mentioned above. I just got to actually shoot in an event this past weekend and the cart besides carrying my gear also carried a stool I used to shoot from. It was so great to participate again...the cart truly being a lifesaver, but I must also decline to go to any club or event that prohibits me from using it. It would seem that the Americans with Disabilities act would cover this because its the same as denying access...only who in their right mind, a disabled shooter who really loves our sport would get the ACLU involved just to get a little consideration...very sad our sport doesn't go further to assist shooters in need. I'm just glad I live and shoot in an area that is the absolute best to the less able

7. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Calvin,

You're always welcome to bring your cart to WTA anytime....

and that goes for anyone else that requires the use of motorized trapshooting transportation!!

Curt

8. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

9. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

Auto ins. does not cover the cart. Buy the cart ins by the year, mine is $79 and well worth it. GOOD LUCK

10. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Active Member

I have a million dollar "Unbrella Plan" with my home owners policy. My agent tells me I am more than covered with this.

Somebody please tell me if this is wrong.

Ron Burdick

11. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

You must have underlying coverage over which an Umbrella kicks in. Meaning if you have $300,000 underlying that would pay first then your Umbrella kicks in after the $300,000 has been paid. If you don't have off premises liability equal to the underlying limit required than you may have a problem with the umbrella. Some Homeowner policies allow you to add an endorsement to cover your cart off premises. There are companies, as mentioned, that write a separate policy on just the cart.

Don

12. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

Funny how very few will touch this. Allen

13. flylta

flylta TS Member

I'm looking at getting a cart. More for around the neighborhood then shooting. I figure the cart will pay for itself in gas savings in a few months.

Any suggestions on what I should be looking at?

Ron

14. CalvinMD

I'm still wondering how in the world a golf cart could every do that much damage to require so much coverage...anybody out there have any info about any true incidents including damage costs?? Thanks Curt..it was great to shoot at Millington and I will surely pass through WTA too...I shot at Winchester in Va and they also were awesome in my use of my cart...I am totally psyched to get back shooting full-time again as I was able to make it through a 200 target event with my cart and stool..plus I was actually competitive for the first time in about 4 years...YAHOO!

15. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Doc...

Its not so much the physical damage to property, but the liability for bodily injury. Imagine disabling a shooter who earns $100,000/year - $500,000 in a judgement doesn't take much.

Just another perspective,

Jay

16. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

You can get insurance to cover any off road unit, including golf carts---cheap. Just go buy it, and carry the paper work with you, to show proof of insurance.

17. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

Some Homeowners policies cover golf carts only when used on your property or at a golf course. Others have no limitation as to where they are covered.

Ask your agent to let you know if you are properly covered for your intended use.

18. BAP

BAP TS Member

CalvinMD, Several yers ago we had and accident at the Alabama State shoot with one of the trap boys running a golf cart into someones personal vehicle. Luckily no one was hurt and the damage was less than $2500.00. The state association had to pay for the damage to the persons car. I run a club and our Liability insurace policy prohibits the use of any golf cart or ATV unless proof of insurance is provided and the cart must be opperated by a licensed driver. I hate to require it but due to excessive judgements in law suits around here it is necessary. Bill Parson Jr.

19. CalvinMD

Thanks Bill Yes I absolutely agree that the cart should only be operated anywhere, and anytime by a licensed and insured driver,..and to go a step further an adult parent or guardian must sign acknoledging responsibility for even licensed children under the age of 21

20. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

There's an old saying in construction: "Fools & Children Should Never be Allowed on a Contruction Site"

Same applies to golf carts (and any motorized equipment.

Curt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.