1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Golf Carts and Side by Sides?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 9point3, Jul 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

When did it become the rage to drive your buggy from trap to trap? It looks somewhat like a convoy in between traps?

I can see driving your buggy from the camper to the bank of traps but from trap to trap is a wee bit much

2. Stumpi24

Stumpi24 Member

Not for me. I have a new hip and a very bad knee. I can't walk that far it, I wish I could. It kills me. Thanks Stan

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Hasn't seemed to bother me. I don't have a golf cart but if I did, I suppose I'd have it loaded down with all my gear. I guess they are the same way and need their gear with them. When shooting at a shoot where they use 4 houses per bank, it would stink to have to walk back to house 1 to grab something when I was on house 4. I suppose I see where you are coming from but has it really affected you in any negative way?

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

It's something brought over from Sporting Clays which became infested about 10 years ago.....

biggest issue for me, there wider than the sidewalk....

and some can do 60 mph on it...

5. 9point3

It seems a though some of these guys feel that they have the right of way on the side walks (over those poor pedestrians)

BTW, its not just older folks driving the things, plenty of kids and young folks behind the wheel.

6. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

At smaller shoots it's not necessary to ride my cart. At the Grand where there is no shade, where seating is limited on the bank .....absolutely. My EZGO is the only way to go. Shady place to sit in the 100+ heat in Little Egypt, icechest full of gatoraide & water, shellbags, 2-4 shotguns, a couple of powerbars, wife and all her gear.........ya' think??

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

The driving on the sidewalks as if they own them and the pedestrians have no buisness there is a whole different subject and I'm with you. Heck the ATA/WSRC employees are some of the worst offenders there. When it's necessary that they do drive them on the walks such as picking up score sheets, they need to slow down.

8. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

My stuff : Gun, gunbag. Wife's stuff : water, chair, extra coat (even if it's 90), purse, sun tan lotion, skin softener, hat, and a game book.

It's safe to say we could eliminate golf carts if we eliminated wives.

9. daddiooo

Setterman,

LOL.....we'll put you in charge of the committee to notify the wives. I'll be hiding a safe distance away.

10. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

I think the addition of the Golf cart to the game is the best thing to happen to the game in a long time. I will bring mine to the Grand with me again this year.
    Don
    [​IMG]

11. 82nd Trooper

82nd Trooper TS Member

Setterman,

Brilliant deduction. Very funny.

12. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

I'll third what Setterman said, and I'll join daddiooo as a sideline observer.

13. daddiooo

22hornet,

See you at the beer tent.....noboby will ever look for us there.

14. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Liquid courage will be required by the notification committee. Since you guys will already be there, I'll defer the task to you.

Remove all articles not attched to the tables. Wifeepoo has a good arm.

15. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Just don't let the little kids drive them. I've seen a gun rack with five guns run down by a golf cart being driven by a 5 year old in his grandpa's lap. Guess what. Grandpa had no liability insurance.

16. 9point3

Kids aren't the only ones that have the capability of running into gun racks, saw it happen Saturday at the GLG

17. oz

oz Active Member

golf carts at the driving/putting range???? use a damn wheelchair.

18. oz

oz Active Member

setterman......God help your wife.

19. oz

oz Active Member

What the hell is she doing with setterman?

20. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I have told you many times that "a gentleman hunts with an English Setter and a side-by-side". By his name you can tell that Setterman has the Setters. This picture of his wife proves that he has the the "side-by-sides" as well. A true gentleman. But why would he get up early to go hunting?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.