1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Golf cart rental at Sparta?????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by slugbug1, Jun 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

This is our first trip to the grand, and (wife and I) will be RV'ing in the north loop. We are shooting singles and handicap every day from the 4th on, so there will be a lot of trips back and forth, not to mention fishing, vendors etc.

Is it a good idea to rent a golf cart? My only other transportation is the diesel 1 ton we used to tow the 5th wheel.

Seems like I answered my own question, but would like some insight from those that have been there. Is Little Egypt the only game in town? What about insurance?

Appreciate the help. GaryL.

2. BillJ

BillJ Member

2 years ago I rented a car in town for less than a golf cart. You can also drive to many small towns around there to eat, etc.

3. Fox32

Fox32 Member

Save your money it is NOT worth it to rent a cart as you can park right behind your bank. Read the rules and you will see that you CANNOT drive it on the grass behind the bank youy want to shoot. They are not worth the money.

4. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

I've read the rules, PARKERGUY, and can't find that part.

Neil

5. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

My experience is that an economy car rental is cheaper and has the added benefit of A/C--very important in southern IL in Aug!

Guy Babin

6. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

I just checked on the rental car...I can get a Chevy (I didn't get the memo) Impala for the 2nd to the 13th for $14.00 more than the golf cart. economy cars are $34.00 less than the cart. Thanks guys. GaryL.

7. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Depends. I have rented a cart the last 3 years and it makes getting around so much easier. You can drive it right to the line, you don't have to leave it in the parking lot. It makes going to the vendors on the west end so much easier. If you can afford it then do it.

Don

8. Fox32

Fox32 Member

Neil, See page 28 of the program. No driving on grass, cardinal road, in front of vendors, etc. Carts have very little use as you must keep them in the parking lot only. Save your money, it's a waste.

9. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

PG, you can't drive on some grass, it's true, but mostly you _can_ drive to your trap as long as you stay behind the walkway behind the 27 yard line.

GOLF CARTS, BICYCLES AND MOTOR BIKES

Quads (also called ATV’s) are NOT permitted, per IDNR rules, for personal or shooter use, at the complex

The use of transportation vehicles of any kind, with the exception of Chairs, will not be
    permitted on the shooting fields during competition and shoot-offs. The sole exception
    to this rule will be utilization of golf carts by shoot management of the Grand American for
    the purpose of running the Grand American. Shoot management will minimize the use of
    golf carts wherever possible and see that the rule against the use of transportation vehicles
    is enforced. Shooters may use registered golf carts and licensed mopeds throughout the
    Complex observing the following Golf/Utility Cart Rules:

• A signed permit usage agreement and a copy of insurance is required to rent or use personal carts on the
    ground of the WSRC. View www.shootata.com for more details and forms.

• The ATA and IDNR direct that you observe all safety rules while operating your cart at WSRC.

• An identifying sticker will be issued, and must be affixed, to indicate that you are properly registered.

• NO cart/moped travel on Cardinal Road you may cross, only, at the designated intersections.

• NO cart/moped travel on any pedestrian sidewalk you may cross only, at appropriate intersections.

• NO cart/moped travel in front (grass or sidewalk) of Building Vendor Row or Stadium Area.

• NO cart/moped travel directly in front of Portable Vendors so as to obscure their signs or pedestrian traffic.

• Pedestrians and vehicles have the right of way; yield when you are in traffic and be courteous.

• Observe all signage and read the Event Program Guide for additional rules and requirements.

• There will be no racing or other unsafe operating practices while driving your (or any) cart(s).

• If you anticipate operating your cart after dark, you must use lights (fixed or portable) and reflectors.

• You must be 18 years of age or older to register your cart and 16 years-of-age or older to operate
    one.

• All cart operators must possess a valid state issued driver’s license. Learner’s permits will not suffice.

• You must maintain insurance limits of $500,000.00, Combined Single Limits(CSL) refer to sample COI.

• You must follow the directions of all premises security personnel and/or any ATA Official.

• Violators will be given one (1) warning only. Thereafter, all cart or moped privileges will be revoked.

Neil

10. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

Ok I am in the same boat, first time going, wife and I, I dont motivate so good any more, just what does it cost to rent one and insurance per day?

Rick

11. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Rick check and see or have your Homeowners ins. cover it. The whole event is $390, grand week is $300, daily is $50, this is for a 2 seater.

Parker why don't you back out of what you don't know. It's clear you have a problem with anybody spending their money on things you think don't matter.

Don

12. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

I could have missed it, but I sure as heck hope carts are NOT allowed on the sidewalk behind the traps. The sidewalk should be for PEOPLE, not carts.

I watched to many folks almost get hit last year. Trap support personal were the worst offenders, and drove to fast on the sidewalks. The serious shooters are standing on the sidewalk, deep in thought and concentration, then suddenly some guy comes roaring up, expecting you to move,,,now.. That really really burns me.

That was about the only bad experience I've had at the Grand.

13. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

Thanks BIGDON, I certainly can handle that, I will call the that little green lizard about the insurance, do you reckon I need to reserve one for prelim. week?

Rick

14. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Rent one. I have twice and have not regretted it a minute. And yes you can park conveniently to your field but the cart is nice convenience. I have no connection to anyone from the Sparta area so I am not hawking my stuff. There is a company in one of the small towns close to Sparta and it may even be in Sparta that you should call. The company is Little Egypt Cart Rental. I have rented from them twice and they are excellent people. They rent in advance and the cart WILL be there when you need it.
    I am positive that you can find them in the area phone book or on the net. They have a booth at the Grand but if you wait until you get there it will probably be too late.

15. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Little Egypt Golf Cars has the cart concession at the Grand.

The rental agreement is at the link above.

16. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

Rick..

I talked to the lizard; gecko actually, and they said they can't insure the golf cart. The company I have my homeowners with said they would, but I had to increase my liability coverage to $500,00.00 on the policy to meet the ATA requirements. Holy crap, if everyone has to have half a million in coverage I hope someone runs over me. Twice. GaryL.

17. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

One of our very own here on TS.COM will fix you up w/insurance for about $50.00. That is what I pay for the year on mine, contact Diana Crawford at: info@aceinsuranceservices.com , she even sends the info to the ATA and all you do is go to the info desk and pick up your pass. Jake

18. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

You shouldn't have to. Just get an extension off of your Homeowners policy. Your renting the cart so you don't have go through the ATA like you were bringing your own.

Don

19. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

BIGDON is correct, if you rent insurance is provided. However not all home owner policies will cover. Mine wouldn't, thats why I went with seperate policy. Jake

20. RAScott

RAScott Member

Drive your truck it is worth it for the A/C and the added storage ie. ezup chairs, cooler,radio for squading.

You allready paid for the truck, use it, it insured. Spend more on options LOL. I went 2 years ago had a great time.

Bob S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

do you really need a golf cart at sparta

golf cart rental sparta il

golf cart rental sparta ilinois

grand american golf cart rental

grand american trap shoot golf cart rental

little egypt golf cart rental

little egypt golf carts sparta il
renting golf carts at the world shooting complex