1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Golf cart costs

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by flylta, Jun 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flylta

flylta TS Member

What's a reasonable cost for a 4 year old cart with 2 year old batteries and seating for 4?

Thanks
    Ron

2. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

New batteries will run about $1,200. Used carts don't bring a premium. Search ebay for them under closed auctions. Jake

3. flylta

flylta TS Member

Thanks Jake never even thought about ebay

Ron

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

You might want to try your local golf course. They sell off their old carts when its time for them to buy some new ones. They might only do this once a year or two. Worth a shot. You can buy batteries for about $600 as well.Just make sure they give you a good charger for the cart. Tires prices are not bad as well if you don't mind puting them on your old rims. Finding the trailer to tow it, is much harder unless you buy a new one. Don't ask me how I know. Gook Luck & Break-em all. Jeff

5. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

I purchased a used cart in excellent condition off craigslist. Did shop around for awhile though. Jake

6. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

7. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Just before I got on the discussion section to look at the various sites for news. Unfortunately I can't remember the site but it won't take you long to find. The site has a three wheel style golf cart for sale but it is self powered and appears to carry everything you could need with power to spare for three people and appears to be designed for sporting. Hope this gives you something to peruse anyway. Dave P

8. flylta

flylta TS Member

Thanks for the info guys. I'm thinking 2 fold here. We can get to the grocery stores, library and church without getting on a main road so the cart would be a nice saving on gas for all those short trips and then I have a cart for shooting as well.

Ron

9. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

Flylta,

I bought a 1997 Yahama electric last year with 1 year old batteries for $1,750.

I suspect a 2 - 3 year old cart would bring 3,000 - 3,500. Just a guess.

The harder part about your search might be the rear seat option. There are a ton of "golf" carts available, but fewer people movers.

Good Luck.

10. flylta

flylta TS Member

I live in Florida but that has never stopped me before.

Ron

11. tomk2

tomk2 Member

Got my gas cart from the guy that services all the local golf courses. A roof, rear seat, headlight and tail light options were relatively inexpensive options. I bought it 3 or four years old for several grand, and I have had it for 8 years. I did have to replace the battery once so far, but the gas carts use automotive type batteries that are inexpensive. The exhuast can be a little thick for the rear seat passengers at times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.