1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Goldenrod & Fire?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Sgt. Mike, Sep 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

Has anyone experienced, or know of a problem, where a Goldenrod has caused a fire, in a safe or any other structure? All help appreciated. Thanks in advance, Michael

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Greetings Sarge, I can't imagine the device ever getting warm enough to start a fire and were there an electrical short of some sort it should certainly kick a breaker. Mine's been in the safe since Dec. '89 and I've always worried there was hardly any warmth to it at all. Never gave it much thought though....breakemall....Bob Dodd

3. Buddy O

Buddy O TS Member

The 2 goldenrods in my safe have worked very well & safely since '99.

4. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Our group sold safes and Goldenrods for several years and I don't think you would have even a remote possibility. They only get to about 110deg, you can hold them in your hand, and if they get much hotter than that they will "kill" themselves. Not to worry.

I know you are asking about an exception but most people don't know what Rods do. They are not there to provide high heat. They raise the temperature in the box to slightly more that ambient temp causing a positive pressure inside the box that will not let outside, more dense (moist) air in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.