1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Golden Doodle for hunting ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 02, Dec 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 02

02 TS Member

Due to family pet allergies we can't have a "real" field dog. The mix between a Golden Retriever/ Poodle is allergy free! Has anyone ever hunted with a Goldendoodle?

2. jagrdawger

jagrdawger TS Member

There are a lot of things I would mount and hang on the wall, but that is not one.

Some crosses just are not meant to be.

Kidding aside. If the family needs a pet it that mey just be the compromise. there should be enough hunting instinct there. P-dogs were a hunting dog in France as well.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Standard Poodles are the unsung hero of hunting dogs. Super hunters and excellent water dogs.

Your situation would depend on size and how the cross worked out.

If he wants to go play with the bird, shoot him. I am not a dog expert, but crosses sometimes work out, sometimes not.

I had one that was 3/4 Black lab and 1/4 Irish. Smart,strong, excellent hunter. Lived 17 years, and was the kids' dog too.

I guess you just have to take a chance. In your case I would want all the size I could get.

HM

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have kind of wondered the same thing

and what about a chessie / poodle cross?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.