1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gold Wire Inlay

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by wineguy, Sep 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wineguy

wineguy TS Member

I have been considering having gold wire inlay done on my Perazzi receiver. Does anyone have any pictures that would seal the deal on having this done.

Thanks, Jake

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

http://billmainsgunengraver.com/

3. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

I had bill do a gold wire border and engrave the sides with scroll to my k-32. Looks better than a blued gold superscroll. He did a beautiful job for about 3K. will work on pics.

4. Ken Hurst

Ken Hurst TS Member

As an engraver, I suggest you always ask how much the engraver is charging per linear inch for gold border work. You can shop this price around to get the best deal. I only use 24ct. gold --- ask what ct. rating gold will be used. FWIW, Ken

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

you dont just whack wire into a perazzi- it has a hardened receiver surface- it might be more difficult than a K32

get specific quotes for your gun and then get references

regards from Iowa
    Gene

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Ken Hurst is a gold wire laying son of a gun.

7. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

MX-8B, I didn't know Perazzi made knives.

8. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

A "practice job" on a Perazzi? Hmm. It is always interesting to see after market engraving. I agree that most of the time aftermarket engraving on a modern expensive trap gun devalues it. There are of course exceptions. I imagine a Ken Hurst job would increase the value considerably. Jake

9. jbshep

jbshep Member

Wineguy: Bill Mains did the Perazzi I was shooting yesterday. If you still want him to do some work for you, he is at the Silver Dollar now. Joe C and I are going over Tuesday; want to go? jbshep

10. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

I would heed Ken's advise. I followed it and found price per inch for wire inlay to vary widely for basically the same product...at the time the range was about $40/inch down to $20/inch.

11. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Mr. Hurst,

What's your conservative "turn-around" time? I will be have you do both my Mx8 and Mx15 as soon as I get some time from shooting them.

thanx.........Barry

12. Ken Hurst

Ken Hurst TS Member

Mr. Barry, please give me a call at 910-221-5288 so we can discuss your wants. As usual, I'm still in the shop. ken

13. Ken Hurst

Ken Hurst TS Member

Please note the correction to my email address. I will be happy to speak to anyone who might have questions about engraving. Ken 910-221-5288

14. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

i love to see custom work like that. thanx for posting pics. i just sold a clean 32 that i bought as a project. never got to have it engraved. just bought new mx-8 and in time want to have engraved. keep posting the the cool pics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.