1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gold prices falling

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by darr, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darr

darr Well-Known Member

The question is why.I don't own gold right now,but this seems to be a good buying op.

Darr

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Buy gold? Oh sure, I'll just jump on my dinosaur and ride on down to my local con-man/businessman standing on the corner wearing a big hat and fur coat and talking to that hot chick in the short skirt and buy some of that badass gold!

Gold is so yesterday! I've put everything in Bitcoins because I want to get rich real quick - I can't wait!

Neil

3. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Does this mean my high dollar teeth are worthless? LOL.

4. bossbasl

bossbasl Well-Known Member

There will come a time very soon when the naysayers of gold wish they had accumulated more. Those who put their financial fate in the hands of fiat paper money, central banks, and politicians I wish you well.

5. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Bossbasl I agree shortly the powers that be are going to figure out that just because you can print money doesn't mean it is any good

Glad I don't have any gold or money to worry about

6. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

you have to report gold and silver bullion on you tax form. I don't think you have to report gold and silver coin on the tax form. Interesting.

7. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

remember back in the 80's or so when gold went up quite a bit.....Local farmer wanted in on the feeding frenzy and put his farm up to finance a bunch of gold....problem was it was at the end of the frenzy and the price went down drastically, hence no more farm.

Just like the stock market makes some people rich. But for everyone who gets rich someone loses..

8. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Don't try to catch a falling dagger.

9. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

George Soros dumped all of his gold a month or so ago.

Always wondered why gold was worth anything. Lots of things are soft, pretty, shiny, and heavy. Or diamonds, why are they worth anything, what's their purpose? Lot's of things are pretty, shiny and can cut things. We have to be looking at artificially valued substances. Especially in today's world.

Always enjoyed listening to Bob Brinker tell about when, in the 1600s, the Dutch decided to make the most highly value items on their country tulip bulbs. People actually began believing a single tulip bulb had the worth of an entire year's wages of a skilled craftsman! I'm not so sure we aren't reaching that point here. We're being scammed, coming and going.

If the day comes when you have to use gold to buy food, doesn't that mean the food is what's valuable, not gold? I hope we never have to find out that answer.

For the stock market crowd, how about the story of McDonalds? In 1965, if you had $2500 laying around and bought 100 shares of MCDonalds (@ $25 each then), how much money would you have today. MCD is at about 100.00 this afternoon. BUT, from 1965 to date MickeyDee's has had 17 stock splits, some more than 2 for 1. So your 2500 bucks is now somewhere north of $7,000,000. (It was supposed to be $7.1 million when MCD was at $88 (according the stock genius in the newspaper).

In 1965, gold was $35 an ounce and your $2500 would have gotten you a little over 71 ounces of gold, valued today at $1352, it would be worth $96.66K (not a bad return either). But which looks better to ya?

I guess what I'm sayin' is, we could all use a crystal ball. ;-)

Bob Falfa

10. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Toilet paper!!

If my wife runs out during a midnight trip to the bathroom, all the gold in the world will not do the job. I need to make a trip to the all-nighter to buy a single roll.

11. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Interesting factoid. All the gold ever mined isn't enough to fill 3 Olympic sized pools.

Neil that was funny.

12. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Here's a short story on the 1600's Dutch tulip crisis.

I think it was the History Channel had a program on this at one time.Very interesting at the time..

13. Remdog1187

Remdog1187 Well-Known Member

Guns & ammunition are the new gold.

14. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Maybe it is because Texas requested our gold back from the feds,,,,,,,maybe the QE II is now coming full circle.......

15. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

It is the big boys taking the lemmings to the cleaners, it is all about profit.

16. darr

darr Well-Known Member

The big boys start selling.They get the semi big boys to take notice and they start selling.Then the syphon has begun.Once the price is low enough the big boys start buying.The syphon is started in reverse.Voala another chance to make money

Darr

17. 7mag

7mag Well-Known Member

High gold prices is how I keep the girlfriend at bay. I tell her there's no way I will buy any gold (ring) while it's at such a high price. Lol

18. Tom Ruble

Tom Ruble TS Member

Sure do miss Perazzi Big Bore. Mike was on top of things when the gold escallation started. Break 'em all! Tom Ruble

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.