1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gold now at $1288

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by PerazziBigBore, Sep 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Gold closed above $1288.. as the dollar slides farther and farther South..

2. Newfoundlander

Newfoundlander Member

Who wants to buy Gold now...

Anyone else on this site who dabbles in P.Metals..

My Investment Advisors wouldn't listen to me a year or so ago when Gold was $850. , Silver $9. and copper at $1.49...

Guess what , they are listening to me today with great respect..

Robert

( Newfoundlander )

3. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I wanted my entire 401k invested in PM's back 8 years ago when it was at record lows, my advisor fought hard to get me into stocks and realestate, what a loser.

Lucky for me, I hoarded a little of the shiney stuff in the safe deposit box when it was much cheaper.

4. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I'm thinking that it's time for me to sell some...

5. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Devi.. Now at $1293

6. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Will a tax on gold buy/sell be a suggestion from Obama's committee on the deficit - to be announced after the election?

Stock in gold producers - miners - are a good alternative to owning physical gold. It's also easier to buy and sell.

Beware! The old definition of a gold mine "a hole in the ground with a liar at the entrance" is still valid for some.

7. otnot

otnot Active Member

It went to $1295.

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

It's a snake pit. Many of the hawkers of physical gold on TV are selling coins of one sort or another, and some intrinsic value is added, so you have a potential of paying too much.

Also some of these guys have high pressure salesmen who try to get you into less worthy issues than what you came for.

Gold bars, Krugerrands, and a few others are the only things I would consider. Perth Mint storage is another.

Some of the storage places will eat your investment away over the years.

Physical silver is a good option, one ouce bars don't take up a lot of room but you have to have them in a sealed environment to prevent tarnishing.

IF you have a strong stomach and deep pockets you can have a fling at the futures markets. (Not for the faint of heart).

Remember, in the throes of the depression they removed citizens' ability to own gold. That could happen again, in an attempt to forestall a financial panic.

Due diligence in all cases is a must.

HM

9. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

Check out "OPGSX" I have made 20% so far this year on my 401K, I am going to stay in it till it starts South.. JM

10. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

PM's can be like the family pet that takes your hand off when you reach down to pet it. Be carefull....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.