1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gold coins inside gun stock..

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blkcloud, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Back in 1986 a gun trader here in my little town traded for a old single shot 12 ga. He had it on the rack for sale for sometime and one day while showing it he heard the faint sound of something rattling in the stock.. after the guy left he took the but plate off and there were 8 gold coins in the stock.. I never knew the denomination of the coins as he wouldnt talk about it..but a long time co worker of mine was standing there when the coins came out.. I think the only useful thing I ever found in something I bought was (beleive it or not) a bag of 7 1/2 shot behind the seat of a 1976 chevy truck..lol...

2. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

that's why is it not wise to put your money "under the mattress"....

3. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

The only thing I ever found in a gun stock was a receipt for $42.00 from Montgomery Wards for the old double barrel shotgun it was in. I did find a wrapper from Czechoslovakia cigaretts in the bottom of a holster for a WWII CZ pistol. Just interesting, nothing worth any value.

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

My grandmother lived through the depression and she was Old Order Amish so banks were unheard of. When she died we found money hidden everywhere we looked. Money, jewelry, gold was sewed into the bottoms of the curtains, a rag bag hanging in the closet was full of $100 bills, an old dresser had money in an envelope taped under the drawers. We tore her house apart looking for items of value and found a lot but who knows what we missed. I know there is money buried on that farm to this day

5. Guy

Guy Member

Awhile back I bought a Model 12 20 gauge 1913 production.....In the stock hole was a young mans hunting license from 1924 Minn....framed and on my wall.

6. rustygun

rustygun Member

WGH, I bought an old mdl 16 ga. (1921) in the case was an Iowa hunting license, from 1948.

7. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

cubancigar, when my Grandmother died we found baking soda cans in her freezer. They were full of money. Found money in other places too. I'm sure we left a lot behind when we sold the place.

8. ounce-n-3/8s

ounce-n-3/8s TS Member

One time I owned a modle 31. When I would shoot it, I would hear a faint knocking coming from the stock. I ignored it until one day at a shoot it started making the sound louder and louder.....eventually it started making the noise before I had even pulled the trigger. We got a crew driver and took out the first screw from the recoil pad, before I could get the second screw removed.......Out came Jimmie Hoffa.

LOL

9. capulona

capulona TS Member

I recently bought a used Browning Gold 12ga (in mint condition) for $825 and found the original receipt behind the foam stuffing of the hard case. It sold for $625 in 2002. Adjusted for inflation - did I get a good deal? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.